Re: Dell Latitude E6520 connecting 2 separate monitors with HDMI and VGA.

Jump to solution

Hi!

If i were in your situation i would get a VGA to HDMI converter from the internet, i got mine from http://scarttohdmi.co.uk/vga-to-hdmi/ and its working well with my Dell system well so far.

Iv got mine connected similar to this:

If you planning to do the same, you will need an extra mains power plug, because the vga to hdmi converter needs power supply. The good news is that it also has the feature of transferring sounds straight to the HDMI port of you laptop or computer.

I hope this helps everyone!

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

Hi there after a while peaople,

Weird thing occured- After i reinstalled my system, i cannot get the 3 monitor option anymore. I just cant set it as before. Did anyone elese succed with connecting 3 monitors without any adapters?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

I would like to give back to community an 100% working way of conecting 2 additional moniors (maybe more even with docking station) and having 3 screens working in total (2 external and 1 laptops).

3 things are needed:

- Intel HD graphics card driver

- Nvidia Driver

- Optimus enabled in bios

(configure in this order: Enable optimus, install intel hd, install nvidia)

Make sure that the drivers are properly installed. Download the intel hd driver from dells site and nvidia driver from nvidia site.

Thanks to this, it is possible to assign 1 monitor to nvidia graphics card and 2 other to intel hd grapgics card. It then looks like this in nvidia config:

This will work for 100% :)!

Now it is about trying to connect as many as possible :).

Hope this helps anyone!

Tags (2)
britlak
1 Copper

RE: Dell Latitude E6520 connecting 2 separate monitors with HDMI and VGA.

Jump to solution

Thanks so much for the steps provided! Worked like a charm.

Will only add that for E6520 laptops with some of the video drivers already installed (got a 'used' E6520 at work), I had to:
(1) disabled the Optimus option on BIOS

(2) reboot and reconfigured the Intel video driver (to desired resolution,probably not needed for 3 monitors to be set up)

(3) enabled Optimus option and rebooted

(4) installed the nvidia driver with 3D vision included.

Then, I was able to get same screenshot as provided by BREMEN-PL.

0 Kudos
lee2ray
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thanks for the tip.  My Dell Latitude E6430 does not have Optimus in BIOS.  The laptop has Intel HD Graphics 4000.

0 Kudos
ejbruin
1 Copper

Jump to solution

This is NOT true for the Latitude E5520 - mine does not have an NVidia graphics card anywhere. The onboard HD Graphics card seems to only support 2 monitors at once at any time - even when using a docking station.

0 Kudos
kusan123
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hey,

I just wanted to know, 

Will the same process work for a Dell Latitude E5520 which currently doesnt support 2 external displays?

0 Kudos