Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 14th, 2013 15:00

Dell Latitude E7440, msata wwan slot for ssd?

Hi! For Latitude E7440 HDD version, there is one extra msata slot for wwan. In manual it's shown "msata wwan pp".

I'm thinking of putting a msata ssd in (Samsung 840 evo msata version), in addtion to the Seagate 500GB HDD version. I plan to migrate my system to SSD, and boot from the msata SSD. 

I've a few questions?

1. Would the msata slot be able to run msata SSD? (Like, no disabled pin or something)

2. Does the system supporting both drives simultaneously?(this sounds normal but I just need to confirm)

3. Does the msata slot have similar performance as the SATA 3 slot? 

The question arises from the fact that Dell put msata ssd in an adapter to the SATA 3 slot.. I understand that might be beneficial for cooling and preparing space for WWAN, but has anyone moved an msata ssd from 2.5'' slot to the wwan msata slot and it works?

Thanks!

1 Message

May 7th, 2014 02:00

Hello,

I'm asking myself exactly the same questions. ¿Can anyone answer these question, please?

Above that, could someone confirm if both drives could be locked simultaneously through the BIOS password?

Thank you very much,

Best regards.

4 Posts

May 30th, 2014 04:00

Hello,

Same for me exactly the same question. Please answer to this question.

Thanks

June 5th, 2014 08:00

Hi All,

If you move the SSD from the adapter to m-SATA WWAN slot, it will work. I have one laptop that way. My question is, if we put one ultrathin HDD on the sata adapter as storage will work fine both HDD an SDD? See on the image what i want:

Regards,

João Ferreira

1 Message

August 21st, 2014 11:00

Yes i have an SSD in both spots and see both from the BIOS, and from in my Windows 7 OS.

No Events found!