Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 11th, 2016 14:00

Dell Latitude E7470 Drivers and MDT

Hello Everyone,

We just got a shipment of Dell Latitudes E7470's since 5450's got discontinued apperatly and I am trying to set up imaging for it using MDT. My main pain point seems to be the drivers. When you download the CAB drivers for the laptop from Dell's website there seems to some drivers that are corrupt and cause BSOD (basically most of the intel drivers) and I was only able to get around it by downloading the drivers straight from Intel and replacing them one by one. However, I am still having some issues with Display driver and the BcmNFCBus_257 drivers. Curiously enough when I install them using the exe (Security_Driver_3N9T0_WN64_4.2.9.52_A04 and Video_Driver_0RC06_WN32_20.19.15.4390_A01) everything installs just fine. However when I extract the drivers from the exe and apply them that way they do not want to install. I contacted Dell regarding the CAB drivers and they are going to replace them at some point but I cant be the only one in this position.

As such I was wondering if anyone ran into this problem or which CAB drivers do you currently use for these systems for imaging as I have been trying to get this working for over a week with minimal success. 

I guess I should also mention that the Security_Driver_3N9T0_WN64_4.2.9.52_A04 actually contains the drivers for both BcmNFCBus_257 as well as CVUSBDRVBus_513 of which only the latter seem to get installed.

Thanks,

Update:

I just used driverquery before and after running the installers and it seems that the only difference between the two is:

BCMNFCSCR    Broadcom NFC Smart Car Kernel        9/6/2014 8:37:14 PM

wbfcvusbdrv  WBF Control Vault      Kernel        11/16/2015 6:47:03 AM

(were missing before the install)

and 

cvusbdrv     Dell ControlVault      Kernel        8/5/2015 2:15:02 PM  

went to

cvusbdrv     Dell ControlVault      Kernel        11/23/2015 3:06:11 PM 

2 Posts

May 26th, 2016 14:00

Can i ask you where you are with imaging these devices. I am stuck at "Starting Windows" after the OS is laid down by MDT. 

Windows 7 OS image with 

Windows hotfixes:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2990941

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3087873

Added these drivers:

Samsung NVMe SSD driver 

Intel Rapid Storage Driver 

Bios is configured UEFI, no legacy boot, UEFI network stack, .

June 3rd, 2016 10:00

Do you mean it will BSOD and then it will never boot into Windows asking you to reboot? If so, you need to change the iUSB drivers. Delete them from your driver folder and re-add them from the Intel's website:

downloadcenter.intel.com/.../USB-3-0-Driver-Intel-USB-3-0-eXtensible-Host-Controller-Driver-for-Intel-8-9-Series-and-C220-C610-Chipset-Family

49 Posts

March 14th, 2017 10:00

I would be interested in knowing - did you find out which Intel Driver?  We are seeing the same thing.  Just started to deploy these (using Dell KACE) with E7470-WIN7-A03-D688V.CAB.  Every one we have deployed (Windows 64 bit) begins to crash.  It will boot up without issues, but often crashes as soon as someone signs in.

Looking at the .DMP files, it shows ntoskernl as the issue - which points to a driver not responding properly.  

I have driver verifier going, but it has not provide any information, as it keeps list ntoskernel.

The Image is not the issue - we have been using it on multiple models.

No Events found!