Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 2nd, 2014 22:00

Dell Latitude Lock up?? Can't do anything when turning laptop on!!!!!!

OK!!!! Well here's my issue with this laptop? or is it a notebook? because it's so small!!! My ex wife gave here mother's laptop when she moved to Alaska 3 month's, and she said that i could have it, only if i could figure out the problem with it. So i told her OK...but i never got around to it in till now. Because i bought a hp pavilion at that time, Sorry Dell... and never tried to fix the dell, But since i'm getting rid of her dead mother's stuff still at my home, god rest her soul!! I decided to give it a try and see what the problem is,  1: NO power cord to that laptop, she didn't ever find it again when she moved her mom's stuff here, and i haven't seen it since iv'e been getting rid of her mother's stuff, But my pavilion cord seem's to be charging it. I can the battery turning colors orange to green.....So with that working for me....I decide to turn it on!!!! But number 2: When i start up the dell...dell  comes up on the screen, showing  that it's loading. But it goes to the screen asking me for a admin password. To Finish loading start up??!! I don't  know the password, she doesn't know the password either. The only person who knew it has all ready passed on!!!!!  So, Tech's!!! how can i get the admin password for that laptop? Just Because my ex-wife has moved to her nana's house far way, Doesn't mean she won't stopping asking me to figure this out!! She told me that she wants picture's from it, because of the mom passing, for her and nana...But the system has some kind of password lock?? before i can log into her screen name.....And yes i have looked up ways to unlock it. but i'm not going to do what there showing me online to tear it apart and ext... Not a tech on computers and i don't plan on messing it up....i think you guy's need some info about the laptop so...I think this is the info you need..It's a Dell LATITUDE   D420 series laptop, It says it's core2duo,1.20 GHz,60GB,1536MB,XPP Latitude D420  F4YKZC1, all so there's a express service code but i'm not going to gave that out if this a public letter, So can someone please help me out with this problem????   

Thank You, Nick      P.S Will i still be able to retrieve the photo's on the hard drive???

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

July 2nd, 2014 22:00

Hi onena420,

It seems like you do not have the credentials to login to the Dell LATITUDE D420. I would suggest you to contact a local computer techncian who should be able to recover the data from the computer and then you would need to reinstall the operating system on the computer so that you can use it.

No Events found!