Highlighted
Anonymous
6 Thallium

Dell Latitude e7450 backlight bleeding

Hi everyone!

I'm a happy owner of Dell Latitude e7450, i7, 256 gb, with discrete Nvidia card (Moscow, Russia).

Everything's great, I absolutely love the machine, but I did some hardware replacements after purchasing the laptop (3Y NBD warranty), including the display, because there were two spots with very noticeable BL bleeding effect:

www.dropbox.com/.../AAAuKI-ZIphCHnN4zWxOuBeUa

However, the replacement display turned out to be much worse in terms that BL bleeding affects almost half of the screen, which is very noticeable when watching films or playing games:

www.dropbox.com/.../AACpfISpdTxCGSg-wM9A6RMQa

I requested a second replacement, however, this time it was denied:

"Analysis of Field captures as well as service stock captures confirmed the light leakage is within Dell LCD design specifications, there is no defect with the LCD panel or assembly. Furthermore a certain light leakage is a normal phenomenon on FHD panels and due production and mechanical interference with the LCD bezel."

I asked tech support member why then they replaced it the first time as the display was much better, and he stated it was some kind of 'exception' (at that time they also replaced motherboard and cooling system as well because of the high-pitched noise problem) which is strange - either you have tech standards or you don't.

I'm very disappointed (as there's cleary too much bl bleeding) and I still want a display replacement. What can be done to achieve this? I suppose arguing with the tech support isn't the best solution. Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
beamermt79
4 Ruthenium

RE: Dell Latitude e7450 backlight bleeding

Hello! So every OEM has a 'standard' in terms of back light bleed.  It really depends on the panel, the type of laptop or monitor, etc etc. Because this is a US based forum, it would be difficult for US based Dell employees to look up your information, however you can send a private message to Dell-Robert P. and see if he can pass it along to someone higher up in the Russian area. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
6 Thallium

RE: Dell Latitude e7450 backlight bleeding

Hi and thanks for the hint! I'll try to do as you said.

0 Kudos