Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 9th, 2017 20:00

Dell Latitude "plugged in, not charging" and blinking orange battery symbol on Windows 10

I have a Dell Latitude that was working fine until recently when all of a sudden the battery light started blinking orange and the battery would no longer charge. It says it's "plugged in, not charging"  and I've tried to shut down-disconnect the adapter-remove battery-reconnect the charger-turn on-uninstall the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery-shut down-insert battery-turn on, but nothing has worked so far. Also, when I turn on the laptop, it turns on and off a couple of times before starting fully.

I tried to use a different battery, which shows a white light but still doesn't charge. Not sure what happened since it was working fine before.

April 10th, 2017 10:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.

If you boot into BIOS <,F2>, what is the status of the battery / adapter listed as?

Please try to update BIOS to the latest available version from Dell Support site.

Please click my DELL-username and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your email address.

Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information

No Events found!