Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 28th, 2010 15:00

Dell Latitude

I am looking for help with repairing a dell latitude CPi model number PPL...I need to figure out if it has a network card and if not where i can get one for this laptop?? please help me i really need it running..If you need more info please feel free to ask..Im not very good at this stuff,please help!

10 Posts

September 28th, 2010 15:00

According to the specs listed on Dell's website

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

, there is no network adapter of any sort built into that model line of Latitude notebooks.

What it does have is a CardBus/PCMCIA adapter slot you can plug an old external network card in to. What you're looking for is either a "CardBus" or "PCMCIA" Type 1 or Type 2 Ethernet adapter, if you're looking for a wired network plug. It's a fairly old design, you might not find too many new ones on the market.

Good luck.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

September 28th, 2010 16:00

I am looking for help with repairing a dell latitude CPi model number PPL...I need to figure out if it has a network card and if not where i can get one for this laptop?? please help me i really need it running..If you need more info please feel free to ask..Im not very good at this stuff,please help!

That is a fairly ancient model.

If you are at least running Windows 2000 on it, you should be able to buy a PCMCIA card for it, either wired or wireless. I prefer to buy on eBay because you can get it at a very reasonable price.

For example, this for wireless --> http://cgi.ebay.com/Dlink-DWL-G630-PCMCIA-Wireless-Network-Adapter-/290479983536?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43a1f4cbb0

For example, this for wired -->  http://cgi.ebay.com/Dynex-DX-E201-PCMCIA-Network-Adapter-/390139876087?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5ad62612f7

September 28th, 2010 17:00

First of all,Thank you for your reply...I was wondering if these are the ones that would fit my model? The two on Ebay? Im not very computer smart to the computer itself,only internet-online type knowledge here...Maybe i could post some pics of it for you?

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

September 28th, 2010 17:00

PCMCIA slots are standard.

No Events found!