bbalegar
1 Copper

RE: Dell M.2 / NVME Specifications And Upgrade Requirements For Latitude, XPS, Precision Mobile and Optiplex

Jump to solution

Justin thank you for such a comprensive explanation on PCIe NVMe drives on Dell, I greatlly apprecite your time and efforts for dell community.

Thank you again!!!

0 Kudos

RE: Dell M.2 / NVME Specifications And Upgrade Requirements For Latitude, XPS, Precision Mobile and Optiplex

Jump to solution

@Commmunity,

Check out my new M.2 FAQ: en.community.dell.com/.../20015317

@OlderFogie,

I will work on the 3050/5050/7050 and get back when I know more.

@Jeremy1620,

Thank you for your feedback.

@Bbalegar,

Thank you for your question and feedback. I'll find out and post back.

Justin C

Dell Technical Support L3 | Project Sputnik

Dell Support is also on Twitter! https://twitter.com/DellCaresPRO

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@OlderFogie,

I just found this document. www.dell.com/.../optane-enabled-system-may-not-boot-when-a-hard-drive-or-optane-device-fails

Does that help you out? I'm still working on the lanes information. My firm assumption for now is that the ports are 4X on those models.

Justin C

0 Kudos
ujtordai
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi Justin C,

Which kind of M.2 SSD supported by Precision 7510?

NGFF or NVMe?

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

@Bbalegar,

Dell 5480 "H" and Dell 7480 "U" are both PCIE 3.0.

@Ujtordai,

The 7510 supports 2280 M.2 SATA and 2280 M.2 PCIE.

Justin C

ujtordai
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thank you

Which one do you offer?

0 Kudos
absolutpleb
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Does the Dell inspiron 7378 support NVMe?

0 Kudos
jkavasch
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Mr Justin C, Dell Tech Support, Re your post of 19 Sept 2016 upgrades.

Getting ready upgrade my XPS L702X with Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5 SATA III Internal SSD. Apppreciate any new guidelines you might advise since 2016.  Many Thanks

James K

0 Kudos
bbalegar
1 Copper

Jump to solution

@Justin

I recently bought a Dell 5480 with Dell PCIe NVMe drive 256gb. Thank you for your suggestion.

I would appreciate if you can tell me if I have a x4 lanes or x2 lanes as I am planning for an upgrade to a bigger hard drive. My processor is i7 7820HQ 2.9GHz.

Do you think it will support x4 lanes?

Regards,

BJ Balegar

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@OlderFogie,

I've updated the original post to include data on Optiplex 3050, 5050 and 7050 mini towers.

@Cs42,

I'm still working on the answer to the caching support.

@Ujtordai,

Dell has many models of drives shipped with the 7510, including: Sandisk, Hynix, Samsung SM871 and Samsung SM961

@Absolutpleb,

Inspiron 7378 supports only M.2 SATA drives

@Bbalegar,

5480 with H processor supports 4X ( Your system supports 4X )

Justin C

0 Kudos