Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 13th, 2011 07:00

Dell M501r Bluetooth problem

Hi All,

I have recently purchased a Dell M501r laptop, and am trying to get my bluetooth working, but am having major problema with it.

I have checked my BIOS and that says I have Bluetooth enabled.

I have also logged into MyDell Support and downloaded the Bluetooth 365 driver and attempted to follow the instructions provided, but I think that might be where my problem lies.

When I extract the zip file I get quite a few setup files, and not sure which one to go for. I tried them all but still no joy.

Do I need to activate something else in order for this to work?

I also have no "Bluetooth" icon in my system tray, but when I do a search for bluetooth in the Start->Run, I get a program that when I double click, nothing happens.

Can someone please help as this is slowlt doing my head in!!

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

August 13th, 2011 08:00

When you purchased the system, did you buy the bluetooth option?  It isn't standard - it costs extra.

10 Posts

August 13th, 2011 09:00

Well on the website that I saw it advertised said "Bluetooth - Yes", and with the bios saying Bluetooth is enabled, I assumed it had bluetooth installed on it

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

August 13th, 2011 10:00

The setting will be there for Bluetooth whether or not you have the card.  The "yes" simply means it's an option - check your order form or the :"original configuration" at support.dell.com - if you don't see a charge of $30 or so, and/or don't see the card listed, you do not have bluetooth.

10 Posts

August 13th, 2011 10:00

Dont as such have an order form. I only got it from a Tesco store. As mentioned, there website said Yes for Bluetooth.

I have spoken with someone from Dell Technical Support, and they have said that I dont have a bluetooth card installed, and I have confirmed this by checking the original configuration.

Maybe the Tesco "Yes" is to just say it does have Bluetooth enabled, you just need the card. I dont know.

I have emailed the Tesco support to find out what they say.

No Events found!