Highlighted
vikssr
Nickel

Dell M6700 Nvidia Quadro K4000M No display After Secure Boot

Jump to solution

Hi,

M6700 doesnot show anything on the screen.

here's what i did:

Installed windows 10 in UEFI enabled and Legacy ROM enabled.

After installation, Secure boot.

Blank Screen Now.

Tried reset by removing CMOS battery. no luck

Need Help.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
vikssr
Nickel

RE: Dell M6700 Nvidia Quadro K4000M No display After Secure Boot

Jump to solution

So i managed to solve the problem.

There are issues with K4000m running in secure boot. You must not disable legacy boot rom.

If you have no display at all here is the painful solution:

Make sure you can open the notebook and put it back together again. (Use an anti-static band etc). remember the screw type and locations etc. refer to a manual or take it to a technician.

So, you will have top open up the whole laptop. remove the Graphics card, remove the screen connectors and connect the laptop to an external display via d-sub (VGA) port. You have a display now. Go to the BIOS and disable secure boot and enable Legacy boot ROM. 

Put back the graphics card and everything is back in place.

Recommended BIOS: A15, Still dont use secure boot.

I think the K4000m did not have an EFI rom boot. So hence no display.

Hope it helps anyone having the same problem.

harveje
Copper

RE: Dell M6700 Nvidia Quadro K4000M No display After Secure Boot

Jump to solution

Good evening, I too messed a bios setting up and now no boot, fans come on for split second and off. Took M6700 apart, removed video card, cmos battery, dvd, hd, memory, screen conncetors, tried the d sub, hdmi, and display adapter port with no luck, tried FN+esc, FN+mute, fn+B,Fn+d nothing--nada-- the only thing I can get to work is holding D while power on and the unit goes into screen color check. even removed processor--- and read 100's of post. Any advice? am I missing a key combo?

I'd really like to get her going again--- about to the point of salvaging the lcd and making a magic mirror and try to sell the rest.

Thanks in advance for the help

0 Kudos