Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

March 3rd, 2011 10:00

Dell Media Direct Partition and Inspiron 1525

Hi all!

I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 running Windows Vista. I recently encountered an issue where I each time I started my laptop I was told the ntldr driver was missing or something to that effect. After using the disks that came with my laptop to resolve the issue I am left with the Media Direct Partition being visible. Can anyone tell me how to correct this problem short of having to scrap my entire hard drive, once again. I whipped everything recently after a really nasty trojan was cleaned from my computer. 

Thanks,

Ms. 2000

1 Rookie

• 

11.1K Posts

March 3rd, 2011 15:00

2 Posts

March 3rd, 2011 16:00

Hi there once again,

Perhaps I wasn't clear in my previous post. I would like to have the Media Direct Partition return to its previous state, hidden, to ensure it remains secure. Additionally, please do not reply with obscure, non-Dell-web site links as I do not wish to unwittingly download or come into contact with potentially vicious sites from well meaning anonymous responders thank you,

1 Rookie

• 

11.1K Posts

March 3rd, 2011 17:00

Hi there once again,

Perhaps I wasn't clear in my previous post. I would like to have the Media Direct Partition return to its previous state, hidden, to ensure it remains secure.

Google it.  You should be able to determine what tools you need by reading that article.

Additionally, please do not reply with obscure, non-Dell-web site links as I do not wish to unwittingly download or come into contact with potentially vicious sites from well meaning anonymous responders thank you,

That is an idiotic statement. That is a perfectly fine website that has the information that Dell users need to know. Don't hold you breath about finding the information you are seeking on Dell's website.

No Events found!