Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 22nd, 2009 18:00

Dell Media Direct...help!

So I have an Inspiron 1525, its only about a year old. Since I've had it, the Media Direct button has been nothing but a nuisance! I have no use for it and everytime I have accidentally pressed the button, I have had trouble. The first time I pressed it, it took me to a magical blue screen that caused me to get a new hard drive. I just had Vista removed from my computer and XP put on, :)  But this time I accidentally pressed the button and it no longer gives me a blue blue screen, it just tells me it is unable to run Media Direct. But the problem is, it will not allow me to actually access my computer anymore! Its driving me insane! I restarted the computer a million times. Took out the battery, Messed around with the Booting menu, but i still cannot access my computer!!!!!!!! Every time I restart it, takes me back to Dell Media Home Direct! I love my laptop, but I am about to throw it against a wall. :( I am a college student and I need my laptop! ahhhh

Rica

940 Posts

September 22nd, 2009 18:00

Have you tried pressing the Media Direct button again while it is turned off? That should revert the boot sector back to windows.

1 Message

October 31st, 2009 21:00

I too am a college student and I know  your frustration with Dell Media Direct. Half the time it won't even recognize the disk, or stop in the middle of playing a DVD and set there and grind away. I believe it is a problem with the DVD player and the Dell Media Direct software. I was so excited about finally getting what I thought was a much nicer laptop than those I have had in the past. The point being you or I either one should not have be be pushing any buttons to correct these problems, they shouldn't be happening in the first place. I've received two $250.00 coupons I could have given other students to purchase laptops and I threw them in the trash. I work hard for my money and when I purchase an item I expect it to work. It seems as though I'm not the only person having problems with the Inspiron 1525.

Lizzie

No Events found!