Highlighted
kcmura
1 Copper

Dell N4010 Laptop Won't Charge? Please Help Me!

Hello, I'm having this problem with my dell n4010 laptop, which is the same as this picture below:

The ac battery cord was unplugged for a few days without notice, as I was using another computer at the time. But then when I turned the laptop on, it shut off due to low battery, so I plugged the ac battery cord in, to let it charge. The ac battery cord's light is on green, so I assume it was charging, but when I tried to turn the laptop on, it briefly starts up, but nothing shows on the screen, and the three lights that I circled in red in the picture above starts blinking.

The light on the left goes white once, followed by the middle light. But then when it gets to the third light, the light is orange instead of white (like the other two), and then the laptop shuts off. 

I don't know what this means. I know the battery was very low, but it somehow managed to stay on when I rebooted my laptop for the first time after a while (I've been using another computer like I said). But I left it charging for like 3+ hours now, and it still does the same thing (first two lights glow white, but then the third light glows orange and the laptop stops making it's usual start-up sounds). Meanwhile, nothing on the screen at all. 

Can someone please, please tell me what this means? Do I just need to let it charge for a whole day?? It can't be THAT drained, can it? Or is there something wrong with the battery itself? 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
8 Xenon

RE: Dell N4010 Laptop Won't Charge? Please Help Me!

Unplug the system, remove the battery and hold the power button for 30 sec.  Reinstall the battery and connect to AC power -- the  system should then power up.

If it doesn't, retry with the battery disconnected.  If it'll then power up, the battery is bad.

If it won't power up thereafter, the mainboard is bad.

0 Kudos