Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 30th, 2013 00:00

Dell N4110 not stating . Nothing is displayed only i can hear fan sound.

Hi , 

Recently i am facing  one issue in My laptop Dell N4110. Its not starting up when i press the Power button.and  laptop i unplugged from the ac adapter.

But When i remove the battery from laptop and then plugged with  ac adapter , then it starts up. and then i attached my battery. 

Can any body tell us why i am not able to start up the laptop when battery is attached and  laptop is unplugged . 

Please provide me the solution for this.

Thanks in advance 

2.6K Posts

June 30th, 2013 01:00

Hello Njnirmal,

There are few steps I would suggest, which would help us in isolating the issue further. Please try the following steps:

• Ensure that the battery has sufficient charge to power on the computer.
  • Please ensure that the battery is charging when you connect the battery after powering on the computer with the AC Adapter.
  • Check the status of the battery in BIOS Setup. To enter BIOS, restart the computer and keep tapping F2 at the Dell logo screen.
  • Run the PC Diagnostics to check the functionality of the Battery.

Please try the steps and write back with results.

4 Posts

July 1st, 2013 11:00

Hi Allan ,

I have checked all the three item listed above except 3rd one. All the three items are working fine.

Can you  tell me what i have to test once i entered in the BIOS  . ?  

2.6K Posts

July 3rd, 2013 10:00

Hello Njnirmal,

I apologize for the delay in response and thank you for replying. Once you enter BIOS Setup, check for the battery health status, if the battery is fine, it should display a message as: "Your battery is performing normally".

Please try the step and write back with results.

No Events found!