Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 29th, 2011 22:00

Dell N5010 inspiron Battery (plugged in , not charging)

Hi everyone

i recently purchased DELL N5010 INSPIRON, but now it give one problem. It is not run without AC power. and when i point the battery through mouse it show

"17% available (Plugged in, Not Charging).

and battry light flashing 4 times with orange light after a second. It is the bug or any hardware problem, becuase the bettery may be only 2 month old.

I search on the web, but found fake solution which is not applying to solve it.

If any one have a solution then i appreciated it before solving this one.

Thanks and Appreciated in Advace.

Haq Nawaz

4 Posts

February 15th, 2012 05:00

I had the same problem with my dell inspiron 5010. The problem is most likely with the connector on the back of the laptop. There are 3 type of connectors, +19.5v, ground and sense.

I resolved it by bending the pins towards outside leaving the center pin (sense) free.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

March 30th, 2011 05:00

The adapter, battery or mainboard need replacement - call Dell for warranty service.

October 13th, 2011 09:00

DELL N5010 THIS NOT CHARGING

2 Posts

November 30th, 2011 13:00

also my DEL N5010 have same problem, what can I do ?

2 Posts

November 30th, 2011 13:00

I've changed the adapter wit a new one from hama with the same characteristics but also the message are the same and the baterry not charging.

Please help me !!!!!!!

December 13th, 2011 17:00

Seems pretty simple then doesn't it? If it's not the adapter....it's most likely your battery. Hopefully you're still under warranty so they can tell you that your warranty doesn't cover your battery, I just had the similar issue with a Studio XPS. My battery lasted 3 years..not the greatest life ever..but far from the worst. Replace your battery and it will fix your problem, if not, you have a main board issue that will need to be fixed. But my bet is that it is your battery. 

December 24th, 2011 01:00

I have a dell N5010 laptop but i cant find the dell dock in it, it is running windows 7

1 Message

February 23rd, 2012 06:00

i just have the same problem, and i rezolve it by cleaning battery 's pins of dust

6 Posts

March 3rd, 2012 01:00

Can you please further help me out by providing a picture telling which pin to bend?

Thanks!

4 Posts

March 3rd, 2012 05:00

Sorry, I have tried to use "Use Rich formatting" to upload the images without success.

Any one knows what the condition for uploading an image is.

Regards

4 Posts

March 3rd, 2012 05:00

Dear jawadamin3,

The attached images are the best I could generate. Please try to free the x2 center sense pins from the x4 +19V around them.

Regards

6 Posts

March 6th, 2012 11:00

you can simply upload the images to website such as tinypic.com and give the links here.

Thanks!

4 Posts

March 6th, 2012 13:00

Please find below the links to the two images.

http://i40.tinypic.com/dywpe.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/2a512iw.jpg

1 Message

June 16th, 2012 06:00

I know this was an old post but this just happened to me. In my case I just followed the dell support on their web site, I was very sceptible but it worked. You just unplug the power adapter from the wall socket and laptop and power down laptop, wait about 30 seconds. I took my battery out aswell, I then reambled and pluged every thing in again and restarted the laptop and it worked the battery is now recognised and charging. This is worth doing first as it saved me alot of time and money from the other alternative solutions. I hope it works for you.

1 Message

November 27th, 2012 07:00

my laptop was working perfectly till yesterday and suddenly i got a message saying plugged in (Not charging)

i tried cleaning the battery but it didnt work either

No Events found!