jacogerm
1 Copper

Re: Dell N5010 inspiron Battery (plugged in , not charging)

Jump to solution

Dear jawadamin3,

The attached images are the best I could generate. Please try to free the x2 center sense pins from the x4 +19V around them.

Regards

0 Kudos
jacogerm
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Sorry, I have tried to use "Use Rich formatting" to upload the images without success.

Any one knows what the condition for uploading an image is.

Regards

0 Kudos
jawadamin3
1 Copper

Jump to solution

you can simply upload the images to website such as tinypic.com and give the links here.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
jacogerm
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Please find below the links to the two images.

http://i40.tinypic.com/dywpe.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/2a512iw.jpg

0 Kudos
GazB
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I know this was an old post but this just happened to me. In my case I just followed the dell support on their web site, I was very sceptible but it worked. You just unplug the power adapter from the wall socket and laptop and power down laptop, wait about 30 seconds. I took my battery out aswell, I then reambled and pluged every thing in again and restarted the laptop and it worked the battery is now recognised and charging. This is worth doing first as it saved me alot of time and money from the other alternative solutions. I hope it works for you.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
moiz samee
1 Copper

Jump to solution

my laptop was working perfectly till yesterday and suddenly i got a message saying plugged in (Not charging)

i tried cleaning the battery but it didnt work either

0 Kudos
ebobbyus
1 Copper

Jump to solution

WOW... thanks friend...solution from you did wonders...

My battery is now charging again.

0 Kudos
losescoses
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Good advice, I just took battery out, blew on connectors and it has started charging again!

0 Kudos
jwallentine64
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I just had the same problem as well. But it turns out if there are any power anomalies going on, the board kicks on a fail-safe and shuts down power from the battery. If you turn the laptop off, remove the battery and power-cycle the machine by holding down the on/off button +/- 30 sec, it will reset the failsafe and you can isolate the problem as either battery, terminal, board, or adapter.

Netteligent
1 Copper

RE: Dell N5010 inspiron Battery (plugged in , not charging)

Jump to solution

"Battery plugged in not charging" is the most common annoying issue from Dell, HP, Lenovo, etc. and nobody stepped up to address or resolve these simple issue. Dell suggested me to get a new battery, new battery did not help. Motherboard replacement is too expensive and we ended up to plug it in all the time.  I researched these issue but really get no answer.

Instead of wasting money on repair, replace, or buy new laptop, we ended up to use Apple iPAD and never go back. Hopefully, vendors start to recognize and take responsibility. Respectfully yours.

0 Kudos