Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 2nd, 2014 10:00

Dell N5030 Laptop

My mother-in-law has a N5030 laptop and it is not working right. I would like to reformat it but there is not a partitioned drive on it like I think there should be. Should there be a partitioned drive? She has had a lot of trouble with it and I would like yo get it fixed for her. Thanks.

459 Posts

March 2nd, 2014 11:00

Make sure Hard drive is seated properly.

Instructions

Restart your Dell laptop. Click on "Start," "Turn off Computer" and "Restart."

Press "F2" during the boot process to enter the BIOS. Press "F2" before the Windows loading screen. Certain models may use a different key. The key will be displayed during the boot process. For most Dell models, the key is "F2."

Use the "Alt" + "F" key combination to load defaults.

Press "Esc" on your Dell laptop keyboard to save and exit.

Choose the "Enter" key to save all changes and exit the BIOS screen. Allow your laptop to restart for BIOS settings to reset.

Now try and re-install OS or recovery discs.

If all has failed you might need new Hard Drive.

2 Posts

March 3rd, 2014 04:00

If it is the hard drive and I replace it, how do I get a copy of Windows to put back on it? Maybe a Dell representative can help with this.

52 Posts

March 3rd, 2014 07:00

Hi,

Let me check this for you. Please send me a private message with the computer's service tag and the owner's name or address or phone number.

To send a private message, click on my user name and select "start conversation".

Thanks.
VJ
No Events found!