Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 13th, 2013 06:00

Dell N5040 boot issues

I have a Dell N5040 that shut down on me a year ago. Local tech guys checked it said no viruses just corrupted windows. Reinstalled windows 7 ran for 6 months and same issues reoccurred. Ran boot diagnostics Memory discrepancy test on the 4G RAM. tested both slots both failed. Bought a new 4G memory stick and diagnostics won't recognize it. I cant reboot from the windows disk with the new RAM it goes blue screen and bad pool header error message. If I run the disk on the old RAM it reaches about 11% on the windows reinstall and fails error code refers back to memory issue. What can I do to get the new RAM to be recognized? On a scale of 1 to 10 Im a level 4 computer illiterate. I can enter the diagnostics and setup screen but I need a little hand holding for anything that's extremely technical. Thank for any help you can give me. I don't have any files that have to be saved so I can reformat or write over the old windows if needed. I just need to know why the new RAM that was guaranteed compatible with the N5040 doesn't seem to be working. Thanx again

No Responses!
No Events found!