Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 8th, 2010 08:00

Dell PP22L wont power on

I have a Dell Inspiron 1520. The problem is that it wont power on. When I hit the power button with just the battery in I get the amber battery light on the side of the laptop.Then when I plug in the ac adapter I get blue and amber battery light flashing constantly.Still when I hit the power button I get a blue light for a sec then it goes back to the amber and blue flashing.. Then I take out the battery and try running just on the ac adapter and I hit the power button I get the blue power light for a sec then a blue battery light then nothing, No fan running no HD running either and no screen. I checked the adapter and the green light is on even when its not plugged into the computer so I figure the adapter is fine. Any help would be great.. Oh and I also checked the memory module and it was seated properly.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 8th, 2010 09:00

That pretty much pins it to a bad mainboard.

3 Posts

November 8th, 2010 10:00

I hope that is not the case

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 8th, 2010 11:00

Last check would be:  remove the battery and unplug.  Hold the power button for 30 seconds.  Plug it in again and try to start up.  If it will, it could be a bad battery.  If it still won't, it's the mainboard.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 8th, 2010 13:00

The board will run about $300 -- the labor another $100 or so if you don't replace it yourself.

3 Posts

November 8th, 2010 13:00

I tried that and still nothing.. So what am I looking at price wise to replace?

No Events found!