BhsGamez
1 Nickel

Dell Plugged In, Not Charging

Hello Everyone,

About 1 Year ago i Bought a new DELL 5521 it was working fine, but like 2 days ago i was playing games in battery mod, it suddenly pop low battery 6% or maybe 10% so i force shutted down, and like not its charging up-to 60% or 65% and after this it says Plugged in not charging... i don't know why its not going above 65% percent Please Help its Really Argent For Me.. i Tried SEVERAL THINGS PEOPLE SAID, in Google in Forums Nothing Worked Please Tell Me What Should i do??? & it Also Sometimes Plug and Unplug By it Self Like for 2 Seconds it Unplug it Self, and then plug again and i dont know why....

0 Kudos
6 Replies

RE: Dell Plugged In, Not Charging

Hi BhsGamez,

I would suggest you to update the BIOS on the system and then check if you get the same error. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the OS, then download the BIOS from BIOS section onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Please let me know if this helps. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
BhsGamez
1 Nickel

i did update my bios but it also dident worked...

and in bios menu ac adapter is 65w ( Which is Correct ) and batter is performing normally

0 Kudos

Hi BhsGamez,

I’d advise that you load defaults in the BIOS and check for issue resolution. Please follow the steps mentioned below to load the BIOS to defaults.

1. Reboot the computer.
  2. When prompted during POST, press the <F2> key to enter the setup screen.
  3. On the System Setup screen, press the <F9> key.
  4. Press the <Enter> key on Yes to Load Optimized Defaults and restart the computer.

0 Kudos
padshea
1 Copper

Hi, I'm getting the 'plugged in not charging' error, trying to update the bios as recommended but blocked as battery is stuck at 0%, can you advise a solution please?

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Kudos
kfame227
1 Copper

I tried this and it didn't work.

Any other suggestions?

thanks

0 Kudos
Afsal_Mtc
1 Copper

Hello,

I am also facing the same problem. I came to know about this kind of errors in several reviews. So i request Dell to release new bios update with solving this problem.

0 Kudos