Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 6th, 2017 10:00

Dell Power Manager Lite, Windows 10 Home, Plugged in but not charging?

Dell Power Manager Lite says battery is operating normally. But Windows 10 says "Plugged in, not charging". Why!

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 7th, 2017 10:00

Please list exact Dell model number and version of windows. Ex: Dell Inspiron 3543, windows 10

:emotion-2:

In the meantime, right click the battery icon, click on Dell Command | Power Manager, and then check Battery Health. Is the battery health listed as operating normally or Excellent ? Is the battery setting listed as Adaptive, see image below)?  Does the computer operate without AC adapter plugged into system? 

7 Posts

July 7th, 2017 12:00

Perfect! Somehow, I'd gotten on to Advanced Charge. Changed to Adaptive, and now it's charging! THANK YOU!!!

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 7th, 2017 17:00

Glad to know Battery is charging again. Thanks for the update

7 Posts

July 8th, 2017 14:00

Fully charged it last night. Shut it down. This morning. Power is at 66% and the problem is back.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Type msinfo32 onto [Cortana] search box, look for system model and BIOS Version / Date. Please post back information. In the meantime, change setting to Standard - see image below), and then power off system. Remove all peripherals, AC adapter and then wait about 5 minutes. Replace adapter and power on system. Hopefully battery start charging until it get to 100%.

7 Posts

Windows 10 Home. Dell Inspiron 15 15000 series

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 9th, 2017 11:00

Any updates erich13....:emotion-2:

7 Posts

July 11th, 2017 11:00

I have been standing on my left leg to make it work. Just Kidding. All is well at the moment. Windows takes time to sink in. Literally, I only did what  you said, and it worked and then it did not work. So I repeated your solution and it has been working for a few days. Windblows can be moronic some time and you need to whip it into shape =:-)

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 12th, 2017 09:00

Yes, so true. Thanks for the update.

7 Posts

July 15th, 2017 08:00

Problem came back yet again. I went to the Microsoft store in San Francisco. Nate uninstalled the [windows power manager driver | Dell Power Manager Lite], restarted the laptop, telling me that it would get reinstalled. The problem seemed, at the time to disappear. But, the problem came back, so I uninstalled  Dell Power Manager Lite, and downloaded & installed Dell Power Manager Lite.  Problem is gone again, for now.

7 Posts

July 21st, 2017 21:00

Problem's back and is not getting resolved by uninstalling and re-installing Dell Power Manager Lite.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 23rd, 2017 10:00

Please check status of AC adapter in the BIOS by following steps below:

1. Power off the system. Remove all peripherals except AC adapter

2. Power on the system, quickly start tapping F2 key continuously.

In the BIOS, click battery information or Advanced tab, the adapter should say it type and battery health should say Excellent. Note: Wiggle the Adapter's end while observing it in BIOS to check if the power jack is loose or faulty.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 23rd, 2017 10:00

If the AC adapter is detected in BIOS and the power jack isn't loose, I suggest you uninstall / reinstall the ACPI - Compliant Control Method Battery in device manager. Please follow steps below.

Note: Remove AC adapter before trying these steps.

1. Type Device Manager onto [ Cortana] search box, stroll down to battery, and then expand it.

2. Right click the ACPI - Compliant Control Method Battery" , and then uninstall it.

3. To Reinstalled: Click Action at device manger taskbar, and then select Scan for hardware changes.

Reinsert your charger, hopefully battery charge to 100%

No Events found!