erich13
1 Copper

Dell Power Manager Lite, Windows 10 Home, Plugged in but not charging?

Dell Power Manager Lite says battery is operating normally. But Windows 10 says "Plugged in, not charging". Why!

13 Replies
LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

RE: Dell Power Manager Lite, Windows 10 Home, Plugged in but not charging?

Please list exact Dell model number and version of windows. Ex: Dell Inspiron 3543, windows 10

emoticon.BigSmile.title

In the meantime, right click the battery icon, click on Dell Command | Power Manager, and then check Battery Health. Is the battery health listed as operating normally or Excellent ? Is the battery setting listed as Adaptive, see image below)?  Does the computer operate without AC adapter plugged into system? 

erich13
1 Copper

Perfect! Somehow, I'd gotten on to Advanced Charge. Changed to Adaptive, and now it's charging! THANK YOU!!!

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

Glad to know Battery is charging again. Thanks for the update

0 Kudos
Highlighted
erich13
1 Copper

Fully charged it last night. Shut it down. This morning. Power is at 66% and the problem is back.

0 Kudos
erich13
1 Copper

Windows 10 Home. Dell Inspiron 15 15000 series

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

Type msinfo32 onto [Cortana] search box, look for system model and BIOS Version / Date. Please post back information. In the meantime, change setting to Standard - see image below), and then power off system. Remove all peripherals, AC adapter and then wait about 5 minutes. Replace adapter and power on system. Hopefully battery start charging until it get to 100%.

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

Any updates erich13....:emotion-2:

0 Kudos
erich13
1 Copper

I have been standing on my left leg to make it work. Just Kidding. All is well at the moment. Windows takes time to sink in. Literally, I only did what  you said, and it worked and then it did not work. So I repeated your solution and it has been working for a few days. Windblows can be moronic some time and you need to whip it into shape =:-)

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

Yes, so true. Thanks for the update.

0 Kudos