Highlighted
harsharya
1 Nickel

Dell Power manager Lite battery discharge issue -Dell vostro 5568

I have done the custom settings for battery from dell power management. I have set that the battery should start charging when it is at 50% and stop charging at 80%. When the battery has charged 80%.It has stopped charging. But the discharging of the battery is not happening itself. I have to remove the ac power so that the laptop should start using battery instead of ac power. The battery should self discharge when it reaches 80% and start charging when it reaches 50%. which is not happening currently. Can any suggest any solution.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
9 Rhodium

RE: Dell Power manager Lite battery discharge issue -Dell vostro 5568

The system will use AC power in preference to battery if the adapter is connected.  If you want the system to run on battery, you must disconnect the adapter.

0 Kudos
harsharya
1 Nickel

Then what is the use of mentioning when to start the charging.

0 Kudos
harsharya
1 Nickel

I have gone through the dell power manager guide topics-cdn.dell.com/.../dell-command-power-manager-v2.2_User's Guide_en-us.pdf. It is mentioned as

. Under Start Charging, move the slider to the percentage threshold at which the battery begins charging, or enter a number in

the text box.

For example, entering 60 causes the battery to start charging when it depletes to 60 percent of the total available charge

0 Kudos