Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 17th, 2016 08:00

Dell Precision 5510 4K display red tint

As the title suggests,after having this laptop for a week now,i noticed this super annoying red tint on the 4K display,especially on darker backgrounds.After doing a bit of research i found other people complaining about this issue as well.To me this is plain crazy after spending 3K euro for a laptop of this class and with these "outstanding display reviews".

Does anyone else here experienced it?Before noticing never paid attention but now knowing it bugs me a lot.I don't really get it how Dell can produce something like that and this is not a 500eu laptop-it is supposed to be a premium workstation with a great display.

Sorry for the rant but whoever experience such a thing for their money will understand.And the worst part is that i am not even in the country where i bought it-can't even return it right now.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 17th, 2016 08:00

Color perception is an individual thing - no two people will necessarily perceive the same color the same way.

Even more than the return issue, if you've moved out of the country of purchase, you may find you have no warranty - you will want to investigate upgrading to an international warranty, should you have an issue in the future.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 17th, 2016 09:00

Your best bet is to return to the country of purchase and arrange a system return, then.

You'll never be happy with the system.

7 Posts

September 17th, 2016 09:00

"Color perception is an individual thing - no two people will necessarily perceive the same color the same way"-that was waay off the the topic-I work into blockbuster movies-been in the visual effects for more than 12 years and i can assure you-i am pretty good with colors.I am talking about red tint-very noticeable unless you are completely color blind.

No Events found!