Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 14th, 2016 11:00

Dell Precision M2800 USB Audio Polycom C100S Issues

I replaced one of my user's laptops with an M2800 laptop about 6 months ago.  She called me today to tell me that her Polycom C100S USB Audio Device hasn't worked since I replaced the laptop.  I think it's odd about the timing, but figure the Polycom has gone bad and get another out of my supplies to give to her.  Same issue - comes up with a warning that the device has malfunctioned.

So I get the Polycom that I use on my Precesion M6800 (I've used this the same day), and plug it into her laptop - same issue again.  I take her original, the replacement I gave her, and the one that had originally been mine, plug them into mine and all work fine.  I note the driver being used is MS 6.1.7601.18208 and confirm that her laptop has this driver.

I decide to try different usb ports on her laptop.  No go on all of the laptops usb ports.  However, if I plug the Polycom into her Dell docking station - it works.

I just received 4 other M2800 laptops that I haven't placed in the field yet, so I give all three polycoms a go.  Same issue - device not recognized/malfunction.

Put those 4 laptops into a dock and the three Polycoms work.

I try the three Polycoms on several other models - Latitude 5530, Latitude 5550, Optiplex 380.  The three Polycoms works on every one of these devices.

So I'm thinking a USB driver isn't working on the machine.  I take one of the new machines and install the USB driver - no dice.  I think well maybe it's the Audio driver - install it on another one of the new machines - no dice.  I think maybe it's the chipset driver - install it on yet another one of the new machines - no dice.

Anyone have any other suggestions or experienced a similar issue?

No Responses!
No Events found!