Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 10th, 2014 16:00

Dell Precision M3800 - Weird headphone audio distortion in right ear

Hi,

I have a strange problem with my laptop. Whenever I use headphones, I get bass distortion in the right ear when the volume goes beyond a certain point. I thought it was a headphone problem, but I tried updating the audio drivers and the problem went away temporarily, which proved that it was a laptop problem and not a headphone problem. But when I restarted the laptop, the issue returned.

I have tried the headphones on other systems and they have been fine, so it's definitely a sound card/audio driver issue. The weirdest part is how the problem is cured when I reinstall the audio drivers but returns as soon as I turn the computer off and back on.

If anyone can help me out it would be much appreciated!

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

July 11th, 2014 05:00

It might be a fault with the Realtek audio driver. You could try one directly from the Realtek site, or try the Windows native audio driver. See this thread if you need directions for that.

Other than updating BIOS and trying different drivers, the only other thing i can think of is to perform a system recovery. If this problem did not exist when the laptop was brand new then that would fix it.

No Events found!