Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 17th, 2017 11:00

Dell Precision M4500 Memory Integrity Blue Screen Error

I Got This Computer 27 Days Ago for Christmas Used it is 6 years old and the warranty expired 3 years ago its an old military rig but ever since i got it i have gotten Blue Screen errors Saying Memory_Management And then it does a memory dump and restarts what is wrong and how can i fix this?

January 18th, 2017 08:00

How Do i run that start the computer and hit F12 Then run diagnostics?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

Run the Dell ePSA diagnostics to see if the memory fails or passes. If it fails, replace it. If it passes, the issue is with the operating system.

So memory fails i would replace the ram? Or what would i replace

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 19th, 2017 06:00

Per the hyperlink above,
* Power-on the computer
* As the computer boots, press the key as the Dell logo appears
* On the boot menu screen, select the Diagnostics option. The Enhanced Pre-boot System Assessment window is displayed, listing all devices detected in the computer. The diagnostics starts running the tests on all the detected devices

Yes, replace the memory if they fail.

9 Posts

April 27th, 2017 05:00

Following are 2 main solution that will solve your problem completely:

1. Read the screen. It may tell you what the problem is in plain language. It will certainly give you the option to restart the computer from the last known good configuration. Try that first. You will need to use the arrow buttons on your keyboard to move the highlight bar to that option. Then press the "enter" key on your keyboard. If the computer starts normally, your problem is solved.
  2. If that doesn't work and you find yourself back to where you started, choose another option. The second choice should be to "Start Windows in Safe Mode." Using the arrows buttons, move the highlight bar to that option, press the "Enter" key and see if that works. If it works, once you are booted into safe mode, try and reboot the system normally. You will either boot normally or be back at the blue screen. If you have the blue screen, boot back into safe mode. Insert your Windows Operating system installation disc into your optical drive and choose "Repair" to allow the computer to repair the corrupted operating system.

To check further steps check Dell Precision M4500 Manual

No Events found!