Highlighted

Dell Precision M6400 & Nvidia Quadro 5000m

Hello I just won an ebay auction for the Nvidia Quadro 5000m. I plan to use it in the Dell Precision M6400, a laptop from a couple years ago. Now this video card wasn't originally shipped with the M6400, instead the M6500, but I heard it would fit inside the case and display on the laptop screen. My problem is that I am reading forums that claim that this video card(5000m) along with the AMD Firepro m7820 when used in the M6400 will not output video through DisplayPort, the dock, and possibly VGA. The also say that it will not display the Dell logo upon boot up so it's possibly a BIOS issue. My question is if there is possibly a solution or workaround to this problem

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Rhodium

RE: Dell Precision M6400 & Nvidia Quadro 5000m

There isn't going to be a workaround -- the system never shipped with that card, so the firmware won't support it.  It may produce an image internally, but it sounds like the rest (external displays or pre-Windows images) won't.

0 Kudos

RE: Dell Precision M6400 & Nvidia Quadro 5000m

I am here to report back that the displayport, dock, and VGA still function correctly with the Quadro 5000m in the Precision M6400, and that the dell boot logo does appear on startup

0 Kudos