Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 30th, 2012 09:00

Dell ST Microelectronics DL303DLH Sensor for Windows 8

Installed Windows 8 on my Dell Inspiron Duo 1090.  Near flawless performance other than the DE303DLH Sensor for auto rotate of my screen in tablet mode.  Any help will be appreciated!

5 Posts

December 1st, 2012 16:00

Unfortunately, the Windows 7 driver supplied by Dell for the ST Microelectronics DL303DLH Sensor in the Inspiron Duo 1090 does not seem to work.  This is a shame because the tablet portion of the Duo was a brick on Windows 7, and is FANTASTIC when upgraded to Windows 8.

On a blog site called Soul of a Geek, the owner/author identified that that Samsung had a page for installing the Windows 8 Consumer Preview on the Samsung Series 7 Slate PC.  It has a ST Microelectronics DL303DLH driver which he (and now I) have found works perfectly on the Inspiron Duo 1090.  I urge Dell to protect the investment of its customers by offering Windows 8 support for this expensive unit.

12 Posts

December 2nd, 2012 06:00

Try this one, it works for fantastic for my INSPIRON duo | WIN 8 PRO:

www.samsung.com/.../windowspreview

Choose: ... Sensor Driver for Windows 8 32 bit ...

Best regards,

Jean - P. Deeken
SAP-Consultant Business Intelligence

12 Posts

December 2nd, 2012 06:00

1.8K Posts

November 30th, 2012 22:00

Hi,

Dell has not tested Inspiron 1090 with Windows 8. Inspiron 1090 is shipped with Windows 7 and drivers are available for same on support website. For more information on this you can refer to link: http://dell.to/OQjV27 . You can try installing the drivers compatible with Windows 7 that might work.

You can download driver for ST Microelectronics DL303DLH Sensor from the link: http://dell.to/Swjw4h

Steps to download drivers:-

• Click 'Download file' to download the list to a folder you will designate.
  • Click 'Save'. Then designate the folder you would like to save the files to.
  • Once you have designated the folder you would like to save your files to, Click 'OK'.
  • Selected downloads will automatically start downloading. Next is Installation.
  • To start installation, Click Open folder. Right-click a downloaded file and select the option to ‘Run as administrator’.
  • A small window will appear with 'Continue' and 'Exit' buttons, click 'Continue'.
  • In the Select the folder where you want to unzip the files to window, click OK.
  • If a message appears asking to create a folder, click 'Yes'. If a message appears asking to overwrite the folder, click 'Yes to All'.
  • In the All files were successfully unzipped window, click OK.
  • A new window will appear, follow the prompts that appear to finish the installation.
  • Restart your computer. 

If this does not work, you can try installing the same driver in compatibility mode, that may work.

• Download the drivers for your computer from link above.
  • Right Click the driver installation file and select Properties -- > Compatibility Tab.
  • Select Windows 7 from the list in the following image. 

• Click Apply -- > OK.
  • Right Click the file and select the Run As Administrator option to install.
  • Follow the prompts on screen.

Please reply with findings.

1 Message

December 3rd, 2012 13:00

I found that by searching Dell's site for ST Accelerometer [insert computer kind here] worked the best.  I found mine here: http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails?driverId=18T01

1 Message

December 7th, 2012 20:00

Try this one, it works for fantastic for my INSPIRON duo | WIN 8 PRO:

www.samsung.com/.../windowspreview

Choose: ... Sensor Driver for Windows 8 32 bit ...

Best regards,

Jean - P. Deeken
SAP-Consultant Business Intelligence

This driver worked for me  Thank you for the post!  I have been very impressed with the windows 8 upgrade to my wife's DUO. The touch screen works so much better (faster and more precise finger touches). I too urge Dell to protect the investment of its customers by offering Windows 8 support for this expensive unit.

3 Posts

February 11th, 2013 21:00

Here is a link to some drivers for screen rotation.  They are Samsung drivers, but I have downloaded and installed them and it works just fine.  Make sure you uninstall (if you can) the accelerator magnetometer software first in the uninstall programs function in windows control panel first.  I wasn't able to get them out but it is still working.  This is for the Windows 8 upgrade only.

1 Message

July 1st, 2013 13:00

Hi Chinmay,

Based on your answer I can only assume that Dell has a fair amount of contempt for their customers.  If you aren't going to support what you sell, why would anyone in their right mind give their hard-earned to you.  If "Dell has not tested Inspiron 1090 with Windows 8", test it. It's not like this is a five year old machine.  If I can find the driver at Samsung, my next laptop will probably be a Samsung . . . or an Asus or a Sony or a Lenovo but not a Dell.

Will Dougherty

2 Posts

October 19th, 2013 16:00

Please change the job. If you're the IT expert, so I am Dalai Lama.

2 Posts

October 19th, 2013 17:00

Dell duo works much better with W8. And as a bonus you get rid of all gifts from Dell, that unnecessary preinstalled software. But anyway, next time I will not buy Dell. Customer service is <ADMIN NOTE: Substitute character removed as per TOU>.

5 Posts

January 8th, 2015 10:00

It works actually pretty well for what I paid for it ($175 w/o OS).  I had Windows 8 installed on a Dell Inspiron Mini 1012 and just installed the SSD in this unit without doing anything else.  Windows 8 fixed itself and I was up in running within a few minutes.  Quite nice really..... but yeah, most internal bloatware always is horrible on Dell products (and even Samsung, LG, etc.)  Just stick to making good hardware and let someone else do the software, please.

But still, it's a really nice tablet with Windows 8.  I just wish that the viewing angles were better on the LCD, but still, for working on it by myself, it does just fine.

5 Posts

January 8th, 2015 10:00

The best thing about Windows over Android and IOS is that Microsoft lets you uninstall the bloatware.  

September 8th, 2015 12:00

Thank you so much! Even though I never found this thread and ended up rolling Windows 8 back to windows 7, I had the same problem when I upgraded to Windows 10. This driver works fine on Windows 10. I am using it now and my screen rotates like a champ.  

No Events found!