Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 18th, 2012 08:00

Dell Sales problem

Hi All,

I ordered DELL Inspiron 15R SE few days back. At the time of order, i filled field company i am working for.

Now i want to return this laptop as i havent liked it and called customer care.

They are saying that You are a business customer and we dont refund you and you have to buy another laptop in place of it.

is this common?

i feel this is 100% cheating. Be aware of DELL

Please guide me how i can resolve this. i am still in cooling period - this is second day after receiving laptop

thanks,

murali

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 18th, 2012 10:00

If it was made under an employee purchase, it'll be considered a business purchase - not a home user purchase.  And no - the 21-day return plan doesn't apply to these purchases.

If they're offering you the chance to swap for a different system that's the best you're going to be able to do.  Even if you did manage to return it for a refund, be advised it will cost you 15% of the purchase price (restocking fee) plus shipping both ways - so you'll come out ahead if you swap the system.

4 Posts

Hi Ejn63,

Thanks for your reply. but this is not a business laptop. i ordered it for personal use only. At the time of providing details, i just filled company name i am working for.  

I purchased using EPP scheme. Hope they consider this as business laptop. i am not aware of this.

Do dell dont take returns if it is business laptop? that too with in 2 days of receiving laptop?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

They're correct - only personal purchases qualify for the 21 day return policy (which has a restocking fee, by the way).  Business purchases (or purchases made with discounts available through some employers) do not qualify for the return period.

If they're allowing you to exchange for a different system, they are already going above and beyond the terms you agreed to when you made the purchase.

No Events found!