Sulo11
1 Copper

Dell Screen Brightness Issue - (Fn11/Fn12 works, Able to Scroll Up and Down, but no effect on brightness)

Hi

I have Dell Inspiron13 7000 series laptop.Everything was working fine until 2 weeks back.

Suddenly I wasn't able to use F11/F12 keys to controll brightness.Even if I clicked I wasn't getting the actual brightness bar.I checked some blogs and youtube videos, which helped me and it fixed my issue.

Suddenly after almost a week or so, I am getting another issue.I can scroll up or down the brightness however it doesn't change any brightness level.Right now it is too bright but I can't change it.

Has anyone been facing this issue or resolved this?

Laptop was in perfectly operating condition before.I have been getting these issues recently after regular windows update.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Community Manager
Community Manager

RE: Dell Screen Brightness Issue - (Fn11/Fn12 works, Able to Scroll Up and Down, but no effect on brightness)

Hi Sulo11,

Thanks for posting.

Here is some information which helped another user with a similar circumstance: http://dell.to/2wjZvcf

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos