Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 12th, 2015 12:00

Dell Stage & Windows 10

Hello,

My laptop came preinstalled with Dell Stage. Since purchasing I have upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7.

Dell Stage is not compatible with Win 10. (see below)

I have tried to uninstall Dell Stage from my system, but that has proved to be impossible.

I have visited Dell Downloads to try to get another full version of the pre-installed software, but that appears to also be impossible as Dell Downloads does not load anything.

Dell Stage doesn't work on Win 10. It was preinstalled on my laptop. I can't uninstall Dell Stage from my system. I can't get onto Dell Downloads.

Dell Stage attempts to load on startup, and it slows down the startup considerably.

So, what are my options?

1 Message

March 10th, 2016 13:00

After searching around, I discovered that while you cannot uninstall Dell Stage, you can remove it from your start up program.  At Cortana, type ms and click on System Configuration The System Configuration Box should pop up.  Press Startup, then the blue Open Task Manager.  Scroll down to Dell Stage and highlight it, then in the lower right corner of the box you see Disable.  Click to disable and close box and restart computer.  You will not be bothered again by Dell Stage.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

September 12th, 2015 18:00

Control Panel, Programs, Add remove programs, uninstall Dell Stage. The Desktop is still available same as before if you are looking for a more familiar interface. You should always mention your exact model computer. It sounds like you have an older model that would be better with win 7. You have only 30 days to return to your previous OS. Open Settings, Update & Security, Recovery to rollback to 7. 

No need to use My Dell Downloads which has mostly out of date/expired programs for your older computer--anti virus, utilities, etc from when the computer was new. It has nothing to do with uninstalling programs. Just open Dell Support and select Downloads and Drivers instead to find drivers and software you might actually need.

Task Manager has a Startup tab that lets you disable any old programs from starting at boot as well as programs you don't need to start at every boot.

11 Posts

September 12th, 2015 20:00

Hi Mary,

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I'm not sure that you are clear about the Win 7 and Win 10 functionality & uninstalling programs. Please examine the image below.

Please do not suggest that the issue is from what you assume is my older computer.

I found Dell Stage installed on my laptop when it returned from Depot Repair last month after the OS was reinstalled. It was not installed/used on my laptop when I purchased my computer.

I don't simply want Dell Stage disabled - I want it off my computer.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

September 13th, 2015 11:00

It sounds like some programs including Dell Stage have got corrupt because of the "Upgrade". I advise Clean Reinstalling Windows 10 so that it actually performs properly.

To do this download a .iso and make Windows 10 Installation Media:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/download-windows-10-oem-and-retail-iso/

Then Clean Reinstall Windows 10 (deleting all partitions):

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/a-clean-install-of-windows-10/windows-10-clean-reinstallation-via-bootable-usb-from-iso/

After you have installed any necessary drivers you may then install Dell Backup and Recovery to make a new Windows 10 Recovery Partition from your working Clean Reinstall:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/dell-backup-and-recovery-1-9-0-22-windows-10-clean-install/

11 Posts

September 30th, 2015 15:00

Thanks for that information Natakuc4.

I have opted to roll back to Win 7. I don't know that the issue isn't Dell Stage - as the program is obsolete - or Win 10 - as I'm sure that there are issue with that OS.

I am disappointed that an obsolete program (Dell Stage) was included on my laptop after it returned from Depot Repair last month, in light of an OEM Win 7 disc not being included with my laptop purchase. What makes it worse is that I can't get to uninstall said obsolete program (where is a download of the program?) now.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

October 1st, 2015 08:00

Dell Stage works fine for Windows 7 its just not designed for newer versions of Windows.

Ensure you make Recovery Media using Dell Backup and Recovery:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/dell-backup-and-recovery-1-8-1-71/

Windows 10 TH2 should be out soon and should fix some of the issues users are encountering with Windows 10 TH1.

2 Posts

October 29th, 2015 11:00

I did the same on my dell computer. upgraded to from win7 to win10. It won't work on your initial logon but I found if u create another logon for your windows 10 it (dell stage) works just fine. the only problem I am having now is getting my 3d screensavers and wallpapers back out of win7. Good Luck

11 Posts

October 30th, 2015 09:00

I think there are a lot of people here missing the point.

I don't want Dell Stage. I didn't download it. It wasn't installed on my laptop when I purchased it. It was put on by tech's in Depot Repair, and yet I can't seem to get rid of it. I don't care if Dell Stage works on Win 7. I don't care if Dell Stage is still useful on Win 7.

There are lots of ideas here, but none that actually address the issue directly.

1 Message

December 2nd, 2015 15:00

I have the exact same problem. I have also Windows 10 and spent an inordinate amount of time during the last two months trying to uninstall Dell Stage Windows 7, without success. Please help!!!! 

2 Posts

December 16th, 2015 12:00

Sorry about your Problem. U will never completely get rid of dell stage. It was set up as part of the install pkg. just like some of the card games etc.

You can uninstall it from your main login. Just go through your add & remove programs and that will do a complete uninstall for your main logon. 

If you ever want to get it back, you will have to create a new user or logon to your computer. That will reinstall all the default programs to your computer.

1 Message

September 2nd, 2016 05:00

This  fix worked great. I would advise not to go through the reinstall or repair others have recommended until you try this

No Events found!