Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 26th, 2010 05:00

Dell Studio 15 Laptop queston

hello,

i' m very interested in buying this laptop.

however, i have read several articles written by people who complained about this computer. many people wrote about the same problems: that there are fan problems causing terrible noises and then a sudden crash down. they talked to dell and they suggested they installed windows again and update the bios, but the problem was not solved. people have sadly returned their laptops to dell.

i was wondering if the same thing would happen to me if i bought the same one, or during these past months dell have figured out the problem and solved it for good. and if so, is there an official article about it, explaining this certain bug?

moreover, i will be using this laptop outside of the US. am i going to experience problems with plugging it into power? will it work in Israel? how can i know for sure?
and if there happens to be a problem with the laptop, do i have a support here in Israel from dell?

i would very much appreciate it if someone helped with these critical questions, i really want to buy this laptop but i cant do it without knowing all these things for sure.

so thanx!

41 Posts

May 26th, 2010 06:00

Mine works great! I have none of the issues you mentioned. Only complaint I have against the 1555 is there are no power, drive, or num lock status lights.

May 26th, 2010 10:00

im sorry, but what is exactly power, drive or num lock status lights?

11 Posts

May 26th, 2010 14:00

If you press, let's say, Caps Lock, there is no light indicator to tell you it's on. It appears on-screen if you have Dell QuickSet though.

No Events found!