Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 12th, 2015 02:00

Dell Studio 1535 - Fan runs at maximum speed when Control Media Panel plugged in

Hi guys,

I have changed my dell studio 1535 motherboard after ordering a refurbished one from dell. When reconnecting all the parts, everything worked well except the control media button which was lighting up by itself from time to time.

I unplugged the media control panel, plugged it up again. This time the media panel is lighting up intermittently and the laptop cooler is at maximum. Unplugged again, a cable pin was short circuited and got broken in the process :(.

Fixed the cable, now the media control panel is completely down and the cooler runs at maximum speed. Removing the media panel fixes the cooler issue.

As I am not an expert into this, I was wondering if changing the panel will fix my problem or the faulty connection could have broken the motherboard control panel circuit.

PS. When running diagnostic via F12 key, no faulty issue is detected.

Thanks in advanced, I will really appreciate any of your opinions.

Razvan.

2 Posts

January 13th, 2015 00:00

I found myself the answer. Happily it was just a faulty cable connection due to inserting in such that the pin were inverted. Putting it right fixed the issue.

No Events found!