Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 28th, 2012 01:00

Dell Studio 1537- Driver Repair?!?

hey all

i have a dell 1537 studio laptop  - Mcafee expired so i renewed it now i cant logon it keeps going to launch start up repair or start windows normally. everytime i select either it just goes back to that.

i hold F8   and get a 'System Recovery option' and then a "Add Drivers"

i have no idea what to do... any help will be appreciated.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 28th, 2012 03:00

Hi,

Welcome to the community.

Restart the computer, once Dell logo appears, keep tapping F8 (don't hold it down) tap it. You should get in to "Advance options Menu" Choose safe mode. In safe mode, display and images are big, perform System Restore

- System Restore ( Start>All programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore)

- Under System Restore Page hit Next, then you will see list of date/s, highlight a date wherein you think the computer is working by that time. then Next and Finish.

- When successfully restored update you Mcafee.

Hope this helps,

2 Posts

February 28th, 2012 15:00

hey thanks for your reply.

does that wipe all my documents etc ?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 5th, 2012 19:00

Hi,

System restore will not wipe out any documents. Hope the computer is fine.

Regards,

4 Posts

June 5th, 2012 14:00

Hi,

I am facing problem in my dell studio 1537 and i need your help in order to fix it.

"when i swtich on my machine, it stucks with DVD-ROM light indicating that there is CD is DVD-ROM but actually there was no CD in Drive. after 10-15min, machine itself sound eject 3-4 times and then start-up procedure continues. it happens every time when front light of DVD is on. if its not on then machine starts with normal time"

please help me as i am very much annoyed. thanks and waiting for your support.

thanks

750 Posts

June 5th, 2012 15:00

Hi atifanjum,

Welcome to Dell Community.

This issue could be because of faulty BIOS settings or can be with faulty hardware. Please follow these steps:

1)Power on the computer and start tapping F2 to enter the BIOS.

2)Once in BIOS, need to go to Boot tab, and ensure HDD is first boot device.

3)If that does not fix the issue, please download this BIOS update and install it. BIOS Version A11: http://dell.to/JTZ8qE

4)Ensure the AC Adaptor is plugged in before initiating the BIOS update.

If the issue still persists, please reply.

4 Posts

June 6th, 2012 07:00

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, i have checked that HDD is first in boot device. I am unable to install BIOS version A11 as provided link goes to www.dell.com and here i see many BIOS version A11 for differenent dell aplications. Can you please share specific link to install the bios version.

thanks and waiting for your feedback

Regards/Atif

750 Posts

June 6th, 2012 15:00

Hi Atif

I apologize that the link did not work. Please use the following link:

www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats

Please reply if issue still persists.

4 Posts

June 10th, 2012 16:00

Hi,

Yes,, its works.. so far, problem is fixed.  :)

Thanks so much for your support.

4 Posts

June 30th, 2012 07:00

Hi Kalyan,

I am facing again the same issue :(

Should i have to update the BIOS again? please share parmanent fix. its really annoying me.

Whenever i start my laptop, DVD ROM eject voice heard and start up process halt. it halted for more than 5-10min and then 4-5 times DVD ROM eject voice heard and after that start up process resumes. else i have to press F12 and choose removeable devices as boot option but it also takes time for start up.

Issue was fixed after upgrading BIOS version A11 but now it appear again, Kindly do the needful.thanks

Regards/Atif

No Events found!