Highlighted
Girgit
1 Copper

Dell Studio 1555 | Blank Screen on Boot

Hello,

I have a Dell Studio 1555 which I bought about 4 years ago. I am recently started facing a problem with my laptop. Whenever I am trying to start my laptop the screen does not show anything and the system does not start. The Power button and the backlit keyboard LED glows but then there is absolutely no display.  I have tried the following to get my system started:

• Started the machine by pressing the 'D' button and the screen did flash some colors. This test, as I had read on the forum validates that my WLED display is working fine.
  • Next, I tried starting the machine by pressing the 'Fn' key to get in to the diagnostic test mode, but then the screen does not show anything in this case. 
  • Removed the battery and power cable, held the power button for 30 seconds to remove any static power and then tried starting but still did not start
  • Tried starting by pressing 'F2' at boot, but then no avail here 

Can someone guide me on how do I go about resolving this issue? 

Regards,

PS: My system is out of warranty.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

RE: Dell Studio 1555 | Blank Screen on Boot

Hi Girgit,

I am sorry about the situation; so far it seems to be an issue with the LCD screen. Please connect an external moinitor and check if the display works?

Thanks and regards,
Senthil S
#iworkfordell.
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US / India . For Dell support videos click here.

0 Kudos
Girgit
1 Copper

Hi Senthil,

I do not have any other monitor to check this as I use this at home. To reiterate, I did try to start and held the 'D' button along with the power button. This showed an array of colors. Does that not validate that the LCD is fine?

If not then, please advice on how do I go about. 

Regards,
Girgit. 

0 Kudos

Hi Girgit,

It could be down to LCD cable, however to isolate this we may have to use an external monitor / Projector. Please see if you can arrange for one, from your friend / neighbour or office.

Thanks and regards,
Senthil S
#iworkfordell.
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US / India . For Dell support videos click here.

0 Kudos