Highlighted
Not applicable

Dell Studio 1555 Eject key not working???

Jump to solution

I just bought new laptop Studio 1555 and eject key never works, now if i need to eject the CD i have to goto my computer right click on CD drive and eject, 

i try to connect dell support but didn't get any help, anyone knows why this eject key not working ? is that a hardware issue or something to do with window 7 ??

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Re: Dell Studio 1555 Eject key not working???

Jump to solution

I have same laptop and same problem. After searching the web for awhile, I would try anything. After installing Dell Quickset, it worked. So go to Dell download page, and select your OS, and go to Application to download it. Mine is Windows 7, 64-bit, which I can download here. <http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?os=W764&catid=-1&dateid=-1&impid=-1&osl=E...=> If this link does not work, go to Dell support page and search for Quickset.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I have same laptop and same problem. After searching the web for awhile, I would try anything. After installing Dell Quickset, it worked. So go to Dell download page, and select your OS, and go to Application to download it. Mine is Windows 7, 64-bit, which I can download here. <http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?os=W764&catid=-1&dateid=-1&impid=-1&osl=E...=> If this link does not work, go to Dell support page and search for Quickset.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Great,

It's work for me 🙂 thank you very much, really appricate your help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I experienced the same problem with my Studio 1555 after upgrading from Vista to Win 7.  Installing Dell Quickset from the drivers support page solved this issue for me as well.

The really sad part of the tale is Dell's Tech Support advised me to reinstall the OS after they couldn't come up with a solution...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

i have a dell studio (not sure if  1555 is the only studio) and had that problem also, so thanks for the solution! are you also having trouble with multiple desktop folders?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Solution was great, but it works till i restart my laptop, after restart its stop working again any idea ??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Quickset solved the problem for me too on a Dell Studio 1569.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Good Day,

so what should be downloaded from this page my friend?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Per the previous post above, go to Dell's support site, then drivers & downloads, enter your computer's service tag # and what version of Windows your running, then under applications look for Dell's Quickset program, download, and install.  This is what restored the CD eject key functionality after upgrading from Vista to Windows 7.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

It took a while to find the right version of quickset for my Dell 1555 with Vista 64 bit, but when I did it worked like a charm! Thanks guys!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

It took a while to find the right version of quickset for my Dell 1555 with Vista 64 bit, but when I did it worked like a charm! Thanks guys!

for tbucsku

how did you find it could you send me a link please...thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Me too.  When I'm on the Dell site I don't find quickset anywhere.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

insert driver and utilites cd and install dell quickset  problem solve

thank u

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

insert driver and utilites cd  and install Dell QuickSer problem solve

Highlighted
Not applicable

RE: Dell Studio 1555 Eject key not working???

Jump to solution

Very useful! Encountered the same problem, it is solved now. Thank you!

0 Kudos