Highlighted
mbap13
1 Copper

Dell Studio 1555 Problems

Hello, I have a Dell Studio 1555 and I have had a number of problems with it and need some advice on what to do. Everytime I unplug the AC power cord, my date and time resets back to 2009. My battery is shot (I have another one on order). This is a real pain as I have to reset the date/time to correct time daily and then restart my computer.

Also the computer overheats when I am gaming and freezes up so the only way to shut it down is to pull the battery out and restart. I have a cooling pad but it still does it while i'm playing. Are these problems fixable? What is my best course of action?

Thanks, 

M

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
8 Krypton

RE: Dell Studio 1555 Problems

The time and date issue is likely a dead reserve battery (this is separate from the main battery).

Here is now to replace that:

On the other issue, the heatsink is probably clogged with dust and in need of a thorough cleaning, particularly if you've never done that.

0 Kudos
mbap13
1 Copper

Thanks, I've used the cans of air to clean before. Can you give me some advice on how to clean the heatsink specifically?

Thanks,

M

0 Kudos
mbap13
1 Copper

I replaced the coin battery as shown in the video. The date/time is still resetting after I unplug the AC adapter. I can't move my computer from one location to another without the date/time doing this. Any advice?

Thanks so much, 

Mike

0 Kudos