Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

June 14th, 2010 09:00

Dell Studio 1555 Speakers Problem ( Want to buy new 1555 Speakers)

My studio 1555 speakers have some problem
the speaker will be having some crackling noise when i play music/video etc, especially if i turn the sound volume to high (more than 50) or play some piano music file, it will be very obvious to hear it.

I want to buy new 1555 Speakers from DELL.

Is it possible?? If yes, How?

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

June 15th, 2010 06:00

I looked around but could not find that part on the web site. You might have to contact Dell and ask if they have the part. I googled and found it for sale here

http://www.ez-computer-parts.com/servlet/the-445/Dell-Studio-1555-Speaker/Detail

I would run the audio tests in Dell Diagnostics to confirm that the speakers are faulty. If the speakers sound okay during the test then they are not the problem. If they crackle during the test then there is a hardware that Dell will fix if you are still under warranty. To run Dell Diagnostics

1. Restart the computer and tap the f12 key as soon as it starts to boot up .
2. Select 'Diagnostic' from the boot menu. The computer will run its pre-boot assessment tests (PSA) before Dell Diagnostics starts. During the PSA you will hear some tones through the system speaker but this does not adequately test the audio hardware. Dell Diagnostics plays an instrumental piece of music complete with drums, so if you only hear some tones then you have only run the PSA.
3. Dell Diagnostics should open after the PSA tests, or you should see an option to open it. If you have ever reformatted your entire hard drive then Dell Diagnostics will no longer be there as an option. In that case run it from the Drivers and Utilities (Resource) CD if you have one.
4. Select 'Custom', then the audio tests.

June 16th, 2010 01:00

Ya I've done this.

And I guess there is some problem with my speakers.

One more thing is my laptop isn't under warranty.

So what I've to do now?

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

June 16th, 2010 05:00

If you the crackling is only through the internal speakers but not through headphones or external speakers then either contact Dell about the part or get the replacement speakers from a supplier like the one to which I provided a link. That supplier gives the Dell part number which may be helpful to have if you contact Dell.

June 16th, 2010 07:00

Thanks...

No Events found!