Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 21st, 2013 12:00

Dell Studio 1555 black screen

When I turn on my Dell Studio the screen remains black without backlights,
reading the post about this problem I tried to do two tests suggested by the Dell staff: 
-turning on the laptop with hold the Fn key and then pressing the N key : the pc not answer on the screen but emits a series of beeps,
 -I have also tried to turn on the computer by pressing the D key and in this case, the screen lights up and is colored black white red green and blue.
Suggestions or Diagnosis?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

What is the beep pattern?  

807 Posts

Ahhh didn't see the beep comment in the other (double) post. Leave it with you ejn63

7 Posts

July 21st, 2013 13:00

I turn on the PC simultaneously holding down the power button and the Fn key, always pressing Fn I press N and also begins to emit a series of beeps close together, I think about twenty, after that pressing N for a few seconds only emits a beep instead of pressing for more seconds still makes a series of beeps

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

July 21st, 2013 20:00

Hi lucabbo,

I am sorry about this, please release static power and check if the system works. Follow the steps below to release static power.

Switch off the system; remove the battery, ac adapter and the power cable. Press and hold down the power button for thirty seconds to drain any excess static power. In case the problem persists, Please pay close attention to the number of beeps. There is a big difference between a “beep-beep-beep” beep code and a “”beep-beep” beep code. Let us know how many times the system beeps.

Let us know about the progress.

7 Posts

July 22nd, 2013 04:00

I tried to do the procedure to release the static power but no results.

I would like to to specify that the laptop emits beeps only if I turn it on by simultaneously pressing the power button and the Fn key and then I press the N key : If I hold down the N key the pc continues to emit the beep until i stop pressing the N key; If I press the N key intermittently the beep follows the frequency at which I push the button.

In the past I happened to hear the 4 beeps related to ram failure and both the sound and that the frequency with which it is emitted seem different.

807 Posts

July 22nd, 2013 04:00

The beep you are hearing when pressing the N key is just the system telling you that you're pressing too many keys.

Try just Fn + Power

No Events found!