jlewis60
1 Copper

Re: Dell Studio 1555 power button cable

Jump to solution

Those steps should give you a pretty good view of the connections, yes.  Replacing that wire, however, is a completely different matter and does require you to remove the lcd.  

0 Kudos
toolbox1234
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

found out it is pretty easy to remove the LCD bezel. From the look of things, I guess the repeated lib opens and closes cause the tiny wires to break.

getro
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

ON Model Studio 1535, 1537
Possible to power on the computer
With the MEDIA DIRECT button only.

0 Kudos
toolbox1234
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

ON Model Studio 1535, 1537
Possible to power on the computer
With the MEDIA DIRECT button only.

yes, but not consistenly.

At times, I have to disconnect the AC power adapter and remove/insert the battery before the media button can power up the laptop.

0 Kudos
toolbox1234
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I want to re-soder the wires to the power buttoncircuit board but there is some kind of epoxy over the three soldering points. What is the best way to remove it?

0 Kudos
toolbox1234
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Looks like re-solder the broken wires is not that simple and is looking into replace the cable...

To replace the cable, do I need to remove the dispaly assembly from the main unit? When I remove the LCD bezel, I can't see how to access the screw that holding the wifi catcher circuit board inplace.

0 Kudos
Joostr
1 Copper

Jump to solution

When the side bezel is removed, you should be able to remove the locking screw.

Check the image below.

From studio
0 Kudos
toolbox1234
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

When the side bezel is removed, you should be able to remove the locking screw.

Check the image below.

From studio

My wifi catcher board is different from the one in your picture. Mine look the same as the power button circuit board. Is the picture from a 1537? My wifit catcher circuit board is attached  wtih screw to the side bezel.

0 Kudos
Joostr
1 Copper

Jump to solution

This is a 1735. Thought it would be the same...

0 Kudos
toolbox1234
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I took a short cut. Instead of replace the whole cable, I just hook up the cable to the power button and hid rest of the cable behind the LCD. Don't really use the wifi catcher button anyway. By  doing so, I saved the time to dis-assemble the display assembly and the risk of breaking the new cable while attaching it to the wifi catcher button.

0 Kudos