Davekle
1 Copper

Re: Dell Studio 1555 power button cable

Jump to solution

Started to follow Swagman_1's advice and whilst cutting some of the shrouding of the wires to expose them I must have shorted the correct wires and the laptop turned on - amazing!

Thanks Swagman_1.

For the future, would I just connect wire 1(black) to wire 3(red) momentarily.

0 Kudos
TJNH
1 Copper

Re: Dell Studio 1555 power button cable

Jump to solution

Joostr, you remain the man!  My sister's laptop had this problem and this made things much easier than buying and installing a new power/wifi wiring assembly.  Cheers!

TJNH

0 Kudos
ynot67
1 Copper

RE: Dell Studio 1555 power button cable

Jump to solution

Hi Toolbox,

I would assume by now you have this fault corrected... but could you tell me which location each of the 3 wires are soldered to please?

I have the same issue as im certain many others do... all three of my wires have come clean off!

Your assistance/any assistance, would be awesome! Thanks in advance,

Tony.

~Reverse Kanga~

0 Kudos
TJNH
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Tony,

The easiest thing to do is to repurpose the wifi button on the left hinge as a power button by switching the wires connected to the motherboard - this requires no soldering, and few people use the hardware wifi button anyway - most turn wifi on and off through software.  This is what people are referring to as the Jooster method, as he was the one who suggested it in the thread. 

Scroll up in this thread and find the post by "Username" from 4 Jan 2012 at 6:36 PM.  This details where the wires are connected and where to switch them to repurpose the wifi button.  Also, if you really want to solder, it shows you where the wires were originally connected.

0 Kudos
ynot67
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply TJNH,

I did read that post on the wifi catcher button use, but unfortunately the issue i have is the power button itself has "Disappeared" magically!! So i have another makedo button to use. Its gonna be cosmetically rather ugly, but for use and performance, its <ADMIN NOTE: Profanity removed as per privacy policy> Smiley Happy That being the case, is why i was asking about the solder points/wire order. Thanks once again for your assistance,

Tony.

~Reverse Kanga~

0 Kudos
Yasir mahmood
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Dell studio 1555 power button issue: dear sir I have the very same problem ... but in trying to desolder the glue from three points I knocked off one of solder tip so can not solder wire red on that lcd button. Can u guess some solution for it?