Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 9th, 2010 10:00

Dell Studio 1569 Touchpad problems

Just purchased the Dell Studio 15z(1569) from Best Buy and I am experiencing random touchpad problems, erratic pointing, freezing.

I have updated the bios and the touch pad drivers to the most recent available - I have read that this is a on going issue, is this fixable via software?

5.2K Posts

December 9th, 2010 14:00

This is a common problem, and nobody seems willing to search the net for an answer. Most problems can be solved by a search.

Jumpy cursors while typing is due to dangling fingers either touching the pad or even only close to the pad. Down;oad and run the freeby TouchFreeze. This will solve the problem with many pads. If it doesn't, there are other similar programs. Search the web!!!

2 Posts

December 9th, 2010 18:00

I have searched for 3 days  - this is a lot more then a jumpy cursor - a dangling finger doesn't cover the freezing, the unresponsiveness, its not dirty, I have updated the software, I am hoping that Dell has a answer - this is not a common problem for other laptops as I have had many - its a problem with a brand new dell 15z - I found one person who thinks it may be due to the battery placement, I took out the battery and ran on the cord and the problem did not occur.

4 Posts

March 18th, 2011 17:00

I've had issues not only with the touch pad, but also with the wireless networking randomly quitting to work, with the only resolution being to completely shut down and start back up again, not even reboot resolves the issue.

With the touch pad, I'll try to move the cursor acrsss the screen, and it will randomly start and stop, drag, and it's got really sporadic responsiveness.  It's not while typing either, it's while working with the mouse, and also sometime while trying to select radio boxes, it doens't select when tapped.  I've adjusted sensitivity, and all of the settings and experimented with it for quite some time (well mroe than I should have had to..)....

I really do like this laptop and the look of it, but need a dependable laptop where the wireless doesn't randomly take a dive, and where the touchpad is consistant and responsive....  Not too much to ask (hopefully...)

5.2K Posts

March 18th, 2011 22:00

I use an ALPS driver obtained on the Toshiba site that is much better than the Dell driver, and has more options.

Helping by leaving out the battery is interesting.  What battery and charger sizes do you have.? What happens if you run on battery with the charger unplugged?

4 Posts

June 3rd, 2011 19:00

Hi,

I just bought a Dell Studio 15z (1569) and this also has the same problems as mentioned above. I tried updating all the drivers and have the latest drivers on board but the track pad just freezes after some time of use and refuse to come back to life. But it does after i do a restart or close the lid and then open. Please let me know if anybody has got the solution for this yet.

P.S : Replacing the laptop is not an option as this is not under warranty...

1 Message

October 13th, 2011 04:00

I just bought a Dell Studio 15z (1569) and this also has the same problems as mentioned above. My keypad didnot work and give no response and when i talk with technician he told u first have to verifiy warrenty 

4 Posts

October 13th, 2011 16:00

I tried so many ways to solve the problem  but as It is a hardware issue and my laptop not being in warranty I am not able to do anything.

Please let me know if are able to do anything for this problem.

1 Message

December 5th, 2011 07:00

I have had the same computer (15z S1569) for over a year and struggled on. (touch pad, overheating, WIFI shutting off, screen brightness, burnt out pixels) The only solution I have found to cure all is to buy a Samsung. For the same price I got a powerful and stylish laptop with none of the issues.

Fortunately I paid $$$ for some insurance on my Dell which I accidentally dropped.  Hope I do not see it again from the repair man. Samsung is doing just fine for me now!

934 Posts

December 5th, 2011 08:00

Some of the postings here are quite old  and obviously still unsolved.

Regarding erratic behaviour and sporadic unresponsiveness: has anybody ever tried reseating the touchpad cable or taking a close look at it to make sure it is properly connected? It wouldn't be the first time that bad wiring lead to exactly those problems described in this thread.A loose cable can easily lock up the internal electronic circuitry  of  the touchpad which then results in erratic behaviour or even forces you to restart the system so that the hardware can be reinitialized.

Furthermore: One user wrote "I took out the battery and ran on the cord and the problem did not occur" - I am not sure but the picture in the service manual indicates that the battery is directly located beneath the touchpad and could indirectly cause mechanical pressure on the touchpad connector.....

4 Posts

December 5th, 2011 08:00

I know its kind of weird to ask this but does anyone have any information about the Dell Studio 1569 laptop with the system tag number : < ADMIN NOTE : Service tag removed per privacy policy >? The laptop is still under warranty and I do not have the previous owners information and cannot obtain those also as I bought this laptop on Ebay. Dell would not honor my request until the system is transferred to my name. Any help or suggestion in this regard would be extremely help full.

3 Posts

October 26th, 2012 22:00

y did you have to buy it if its already installed?

No Events found!