Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 24th, 2017 20:00

Dell Studio 1569 touchpad disable

Hello.

I would like to disable the touchpad when I have a mouse plugged in. I have gone to the control panel/Hardware & Sound/mouse and there is no option for touchpad.

I have updated the driver. Originally touchpad did not show in device manager. But after updating the driver it shows in device manager now. There is no option for disabling the touchpad though.

I have searched and searched the internet and cannot find a workable solution to disable the touchpad when a mouse is plugged in.

Any advice? I am up for trying anything.

I am running a Dell Studio 1569 Windows 7 home Premium 64bit.

The last Dell I had had a program for controlling the touchpad. Is there anything like that for this model?

FYI there is no hot button for touchpad on this computer. I have tried fn + F3 and nothing.

Community Manager

• 

2.2K Posts

July 25th, 2017 17:00

After you updated the touchpad driver (located here) does it have an icon in the bottom right showing the touchpad (you might need to click an arrow by the time/clock to expand the list and then right click on the icon to list out the options that can be selected)? It should be called touchpad/synaptics etc. You can also try the Dell system software at this link as it might help as well. If the icon shows up then there should be an option to disable the touchpad when a mouse is connected.

Unfortunately on this system since I do not have one to look at, it might be a bit different looking for the options.

Please let me know if you have any luck.

Best regards,

Brad  

July 25th, 2017 17:00

That worked. I installed the driver in the first link you posted. Had to restart. After, Dell Touchpad showed up in the box next to time/clock.

Thank you very much.

Community Manager

• 

2.2K Posts

July 26th, 2017 09:00

You're welcome, glad to hear you got it working! And thanks so much for responding that this worked, it's always nice to know. :) 

Take care,

Brad

No Events found!