Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 13th, 2009 08:00

Dell Studio Laptop - total lemon - four months of hell, please finally fix this!

Hello, I'm writing on behalf of my parents. They bought a new Dell Studio with service tag about five months ago. Since they bought it has been a continuous problem, since it came out of the box it has been a total lemon. It continuously freezes and even ctrl-alt-delete won't bring up the task manager. My parents have replaced their ISP hoping that was the problem, it's not, I can see that download speeds are fine, it's the computer that is the problem. They have paid for a 3 year premium warranty and none of your efforts to help have done so. They have spent hundreds of pounds on 3rd party IT support, again none of that has helped. The bottom line is that you've sold them a bad product, it's either the hardware or a bad copy of windows that you bundled with the product that is wrong. This is completely unacceptable, for the last five months you have caused enormous stress to my elderly parents, they are unable to complete basic online 'life' tasks such as emailing, vital since they live in a rural area. Your paltry attempts at sticking plaster solutions demonstrate the profound lack of customer concern that you known for. It is very visible how hollow your highprofile attempts to tout a new found customer service ethic are. This isn't an old computer with accrued problems, it's brand new and has never worked decently.
It is your responsibilit to fix this, please do so. I don't believe anything other than the complete replacement of their laptop with another one with a robust operating system will do. I can see that you deserve the terrible reputation you have, it's time you started trying to improve it! R

<ADMIN NOTE : Service tag removed per privacy policy>

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

December 13th, 2009 08:00

Do you want to rant, or solve the problem?

Exactly WHAT is the problem (other than your attitude and seeming unwillingness to even attempt solution)?

468 Posts

December 13th, 2009 11:00

Hello! I'll apologize for your problems since Dell wont.  Since you have attempted to get the problem fixed with no success, I would contact Dell Support and request, rather curtly if need be, a replacement.  They can replace the entire unit since you have been having so many problems so dont let them tell you otherwise.  Also it sounds like you live in the UK?  If so, I believe you have government options for filing a complaint against dell.  I know the EU and UK have special lemon laws and such that may work in your favor.

Hope this helps!

468 Posts

December 13th, 2009 11:00

Hey! if you had actually read the post you'd see that they have tried to get the problem fixed.  Yes he is ranting and raveing but he has every right to do so! Look around you! Dells reputation is a falling star! Go online, go to youtube, google, anywhere and you find nothing but negative reviews for dell!  Get a clue.

13 Posts

December 13th, 2009 14:00

I know how your parents feel.  My Studio's AC adapter needed  to be replaced so tech support sent a tech to not only to replace my adapter buy also the motherboard as tech support told me everything plugs into the motherboard and my connection was bad.  The tech never rebooted my system after the install so when I started my system later that night it would not boot.  After again talking with tech support they informed me I had to reinstall windows which would wipe out all my data, they wanted me to pay to have a software support tech call me to back up my system.  After some discussion on line again I was told someone would call me in 24 to 48 hours to help back up my harddrive.  I backed up my drive on my own and started the reinstall process which took all day.  Once windows was reinstalled it took over ten mintues to type in a name and password then after another ten minutes the screen goes blank and I get nothing.  Loaded windows again formatting my drive first and it takes 15 to 20 mintures just to get to the desktop.  Tech support is no help as they just stopped responding to my emails but not before pretty much telling me it's my problem  I will never buy another Dell and if this does not get resolved I will contact the BBB.  I wish your parents all the luck in the world dealing with Dell.

No Events found!