Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 16th, 2013 11:00

Dell System Detect Installs but wont launch

Hi

I am working on an inspiron N4110. I need to update drivers and my BIOS.

I have installed the Dell System Detect application twice and it installs correctly and I ahve the icon in my system tray but the application never launches.

I have uninstalled and re-installed and came to the same error. How do I get this to work as I would really like to update my system.

Thanks

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

July 16th, 2013 11:00

Windows update and Dotnet  3.5 and 4.0 must be installed.

1.5K Posts

July 16th, 2013 13:00

Hi Josh5321,

You may try using a different browser like Mozilla Firefox to analyze the system for updates. You may install ‘Microsoft .NET Framework 4’ from the link: http://bit.ly/OmLXkp. Please ensure the service tag is getting detected in the BIOS. Please refer to the steps below:

• Power on the system and tap 3-4 times at the ‘Dell’ logo
  • Check for ‘Service Tag’ listed under ‘Main’
  • Press to ‘Save Changes and Exit’ and press ‘Enter’ again

You may update the BIOS and drivers directly from support website. Please visit the link: http://dell.to/13rFqGB. On the link, enter the system ‘Service Tag’ and click on ‘Continue’. Select the operating system and it will display a list of available downloads.

Note: Before updating BIOS please ensure that:
*Battery is 10%> or >10% charged
*Battery charger should be connected
*No external devices (flash drives, printers, external hard drives) should be connected.
*All other programs should be closed and documents saved

Hope this helps. Please feel free to reply for any further assistance. 

22 Posts

March 1st, 2014 17:00

I am unable to use online dell product support as my service tag is no longer identified. Recently, the motherboard was replaced which could be the cause of such issue. There is no service tag displayed even in the BIOS. When I try to install dell system detect, it gives an error saying “ Application cannot be started. Contact the application vendor”, with detailed description of the error being :
PLATFORM VERSION INFO
 Windows    : 6.2.9200.0 (Win32NT)
 Common Language Runtime  : 4.0.30319.34011
 System.Deployment.dll   : 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL
 clr.dll    : 4.0.30319.34011 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR
 dfdll.dll    : 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL
 dfshim.dll    : 6.3.9600.16384 (winblue_rtm.130821-1623)
ERROR SUMMARY
 Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
 * Activation of http://downloads.dell.com/tools/dellsystemdetect/DellSystemDetect.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
  + The referenced assembly is not installed on your system. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B3)
COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
 No transaction error was detected.
WARNINGS
 There were no warnings during this operation.
OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
 * [01-03-2014 11.48.04 AM] : Activation of http://downloads.dell.com/tools/dellsystemdetect/DellSystemDetect.application has started.
ERROR DETAILS
 Following errors were detected during this operation.
 * [01-03-2014 11.48.04 AM] System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
  - The referenced assembly is not installed on your system. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B3)
  - Source: System.Deployment
  - Stack trace:
   at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IStore.GetAssemblyInformation(UInt32 Flags, IDefinitionIdentity DefinitionIdentity, Guid& riid)
   at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.GetAssemblyManifest(DefinitionIdentity asmId)
   at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.GetSubscriptionStateInternal(DefinitionIdentity subId)
   at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.GetSubscriptionStateInternal(SubscriptionState subState)
   at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionState.Validate()
   at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.CheckAndReferenceApplication(SubscriptionState subState, DefinitionAppId appId, Int64 transactionId)
   at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirectBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
   at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
   at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
   at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
 No transaction information is available.

1 Message

July 5th, 2015 07:00

I have the same issue Digesh

22 Posts

July 6th, 2015 19:00

Try creating a new user and log into that account. Then try again. It might work. It has something to do with corrupt registry.

No Events found!