Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 3rd, 2013 11:00

Dell System Detect Update Required loop

Hi all

I have a new Dell Vostro 3560 (i7, 8GB, Win8 Pro) and when I try to update my drivers I get the message "Dell System Detect Update Required" every time. I tried exiting the software like suggested in the website, I completely uninstalled the software, nothing seems to work.

Every time the same message:

Dell System Detect Update Required                        

Please install the newest version of Dell System Detect in order to complete your task.                         
Here’s how:
1. In your computer's task bar (lower right corner) find the Download Manager icon: Dell Download Manager                                   
2. Right click on the icon and select "Exit" from the menu.                         
3. Once you have exited, return to this window and click the                                  Install Now                                 button below to continue.

This happens in both IE10 and Google Chrome since last Thursday.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a solution to my problem?

78 Posts

June 3rd, 2013 11:00

Apparently, Dell are performing maintenance on this. You are the 3rd person (inc myself) to experience problems with this, so it looks like it's not an isolated problem. Hopefully Dell will "fix" this soon.

June 3rd, 2013 14:00

Same issue here, trying to get num lock to stay on after reboot, but no setting in bios to do this . got to be simple to do ? thanks for help .

15 Posts

June 6th, 2013 02:00

Unfortunately, still doesn't work :-(

Does anyone have an update?

15 Posts

June 7th, 2013 02:00

Can someone from Dell please respond?

4 Posts

June 9th, 2013 12:00

Paging Dell...the code should work, not just 'Compile'.

5 Posts

June 15th, 2013 14:00

I am having same problem

June 16th, 2013 13:00

Looks like any other problem with Dell or the other big guys. They have a real problem with something they've done, but they just ignore it.

2 Posts

June 16th, 2013 22:00

I am having the same issue... Is there anyway we can get some kind of answer?

June 18th, 2013 08:00

Same issue here. Any ideas dell??  Various browsers tried and all fail

1 Message

June 18th, 2013 12:00

I'm having the same problem on some laptops that I'm trying to install the drivers on. Downloading and running every drive listed for the laptops leaves several hardware items still not properly installed.  The Dell System Detect keeps looping through the "update required" page.  This is very frustrating, especially since this has been on here for over two weeks; and Dell doesn't bother to address it.

5 Posts

June 20th, 2013 02:00

I did a search on another topic and found this link that directs you to the

dell support center update page and it basically does everything the one

that crashes does. I used it and it worked for me:

www.dell.com/.../dsc_home

2 Posts

June 20th, 2013 18:00

I think that will work for most people... but I can't get the updates to work through it on my Latitude E5430 (that software does not support Latitude Laptops, so there's only a link to the update page... which doesn't work) Thanks though! Still hoping for some kind of fix!

5 Posts

June 26th, 2013 17:00

I keep getting this aswell with my 17r se 7720.Ive tried the link but it doesn't work for me.Does anybody know if they have fixed this yet?.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 23rd, 2013 08:00

I have the same problem.

What to do?

No Events found!