Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

August 30th, 2017 06:00

Dell Thunderbolt Dock TB16 -240W & Logitech Unifying Receiver

I have just received the TB16, that I use with my Precision 5510. I have connected my mouse and keyboard with the Logitech Unifying Receiver on a USB port. The connection works, but the mouse freezes about half of the time, and the keyboard misses many of the keys typed. So it is basically not usable. When the receiver is plugged directly into the computer's usb plug, the mouse and keyboard are perfectly smooth.

I have tried to connect the received on a DA200 connected on the Thunderbolt port of the TB16. This also works smoothly. So the problem only comes from the USB ports of the TB16 (both USB 2 and USB 3 ports).

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

August 30th, 2017 12:00

After updating to the latest BIOS on an XPS 13 9360 I was setting up for a friend, I had my keyboard connected to a USB hub which was connected to a TB16, and the keyboard kept disconnecting and reconnecting on its own.  I think my Unifying Receiver (which I had plugged into one of my keyboard's USB ports) worked reliably, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if this was caused by the latest round of BIOS updates.  The XPS 15 9550 is known affected, and that's the sister system of the Precision 5510.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

August 30th, 2017 12:00

Do you have any wired devices you could check.  It wasn't long ago the Logitech wireless devices had problems with Win 10.  

Otherwise, there are threads about the TB16 and Bios updates on other systems concerning USB compatibility.

4 Posts

August 30th, 2017 22:00

I was using the Dell Command Update software to search for updates of the BIOS. It told me that there was no update. I had the Precision 5510 1.2.29 System BIOS

www.dell.com/.../DriversDetails

I looked at the forum that suggested that the problem was from that version of the BIOS, especially this thread: en.community.dell.com/.../

I have checked the latest BIOS updates online, and found the Precision 5510 1.3.0 System BIOS:

www.dell.com/.../DriversDetails

I have updated the BIOS manually to 1.3.0 and it seems to work smoothly now.

The screen connected on HDMI seems to be blinking randomly now, but it is probably the topic of another thread.

I don't know why the Dell software was not able to find the latest update of the BIOS.

--------------------------------------

"It wasn't long ago the Logitech wireless devices had problems with Win 10."

I did not have any issue when connecting directly on the laptop USB port, and did not have any issue before using the TB16, for more than one year on Windows 10.

"Otherwise, there are threads about the TB16 and Bios updates on other systems concerning USB compatibility."

Thank you for the tip; it helped me fix the problem.

No Events found!