Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 27th, 2013 03:00

Dell Touchpad Driver

Hello..... I have Inspiron 14r 5420 ( with windows 8) . Since it was giving too much of problem I reformatted my laptop and reinstall windows using a new original windows 8 software. All the drivers are gone. So i downloaded the drivers from the driver page of my model. I have a few questions about my touchpad software/driver.

This is the configuration of my touchpad software/driver :

Dell Pointing Device,

GlidePoint Touchpad and Software provided by Alps Electric Co, Ltd,

version 8.1200.101.214  ( Driver version : AO2 )

Whenever I tap Fn and F3 my touchpad disable and when I  tap Fn and F3 again the touchpad enables.

This command only works in the desktop or in the Metro screen when this software is loaded.

My question is how do I enable and disable touchpad in the logon screen.

> Do I have to update my driver ? How or Where?

> Must I edit something in registry editor ( regedit ) ? How?

> Or must I do something else ?

2.6K Posts

May 27th, 2013 04:00

Hello Survesuwaran,

Combination of FN+F3 is the only way of disabling/ enabling the touch-pad after logging into windows. The software is not designed to disable/ enable the touch-pad at the Windows log in screen.  

Hope this helps! 

31 Posts

May 27th, 2013 05:00

Thank You. But is there anything to do in registry editor ( like running this program in the logon screen as a background process ).......

2.6K Posts

May 28th, 2013 07:00

Hello Survesuwaran,

I am afraid. Such feature is unavailable in this system.

Please write back for further queries.

31 Posts

June 25th, 2013 08:00

OK. Thank you. The Alps touchpad driver must not have this feature which is disabling it in the logon screen. I hope that in future, they might have an update for this touchpad driver with this feature. 

No Events found!