Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 14th, 2015 20:00

Dell Vostro 3500 Screen Problem

Hi Everyone, I've used dell vostro 3500 laptop for 3 years. One fine morning when i ON it  the screen showed up as above, seems like screen got hit. but when i feel with finger there is no cracks or anything from outside. is it broken inside? and when i connected to tv through HDMI cable tv does't detect at all but looks like laptop screen blinks but i do not know what message is display because it displays as pic attached.  By the way checked on two SAMSUNG TV's through the HDMI, haven't checked with VGA cable as my TV do not have VGA slot. What could be the problem here? graphics card or broken screen? Any answers is much appreciated...

1.2K Posts

December 14th, 2015 22:00

Hi,

Based on the picture we suspect there seems to be an internal crack. But then if there is no display on the screen when the external monitor is connected then the graphic card could be faulty .

Also to eliminate the LCD Panel I would ask you to initiate the LCD BIST( Built In Self Test) by restarting the system and then press the Fn key on system startup or else power up the system with D-Key pressed. This test will display solid colors on the screen if the display is distorted even during the test then the screen is faulty.

Do send the service tag of the system along with system owner's contact details via private message so that we can assist you further.

Awaiting your response.

Regards,

December 14th, 2015 22:00

Jennifer,

thank you for the reply, i've tried holding the D key after power up. i think test is running fine i mean solid colors changing(no colors displaying but i can recognize the movement of changing from one to other) but still the screen is same like u said i can see the internal crack or attached pic image. 

For some reason my laptop doesn't have a service tag, i took it as refurbished laptop while i was in UK, since then i do not have one...

December 14th, 2015 23:00

Jennifer, could you please be specific on system board, do you mean mother board? and also would you be able to direct me to the right links for replacement of system board and screen for Dell Vostro 3500 model/i5/6GB RAM/500HDD, could you? I recon screen for 3500 is little different then normal, doesn't shine, i do not know what to call it, do you?

1.2K Posts

December 14th, 2015 23:00

Hi,

Based on the information given system board & LCD Panel seems to have gone faulty. Without the service tag of the system we wouldn't be able to assist you with the part replacement, alternatively you can take the system to any local dell re-seller so that they can assist with these 2 parts getting replaced.

Hoping this helps.

Regards,

1.2K Posts

December 16th, 2015 08:00

Hi Praveen,

I would ask you to forward the service tag along with the region from where you are writing to us via private message so that we can assist you with this information. Also we need the check if the video card is integrated on the systemboard(or motherboard ) or if its an addon card, for that again we need the service tag.

Awaiting your response.

Regards ,

No Events found!